Headlight help. Facts!!!!!!!!! Not opinion.

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok I need new headlights for my 99 ex I don't quite have enough money for some oem's so I was looking at some aftermarket ones : / I know I know!! So I have seen a few and the set I have decided on are the K2 motors brand. The "JDM" black housing headlights. My problem is I want to use my hid kits. Which is better for them the project head lights or the oem mocks? And If I did go with the oem not the projector I want the lights that have the really bright almost like a milky soft bright white. Any ideas on what those bulbs are?

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh and I'm looking to retrofit either thanks for helping

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They are all the same. Aftermarket parts are usually made in one factory and they are repacked by the seller as their own brand. Just like HID kits the same concept. Oh and most projector type headlights are crap. Either invest on a retro fit or AIM your HID beam lower.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ok I need new headlights for my 99 ex I don't quite have enough money for some oem's so I was looking at some aftermarket ones : / I know I know!! So I have seen a few and the set I have decided on are the K2 motors brand. The "JDM" black housing headlights. My problem is I want to use my hid kits. Which is better for them the project head lights or the oem mocks? And If I did go with the oem not the projector I want the lights that have the really bright almost like a milky soft bright white. Any ideas on what those bulbs are?
You could probably still use your HID's with the OEM non-projector style. I would stay away from Projector headlights IMO, I've never really ever saw them look good on a Honda. But a retrofit with some OEM style tails would be nice...

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea I'm not a fan of projectors either I just heard they work better with HID kits. I'm gonna go with the OEM style anybody suggest any good brands or have any reviews on any?

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea I'm not a fan of projectors either I just heard they work better with HID kits. I'm gonna go with the OEM style anybody suggest any good brands or have any reviews on any?
If you are going aftermarket on the headlights they are all the same. Get some from ebay and get some clear coat sprayed on them so they wont yellow on you.

brian762

5+ Year Member
I would never buy from K2! i bought a set for my 04 Accord and they lasted a month! Trust me, stay away, i know from expirience!

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hmmm i might just save for some real OEM's thanks guys. Does anybody know what bulbs I'm talking about though? They are like a soft white maybe a slight slight tint of blue.

mpaired_7126

5+ Year Member
HID's will melt the projectors. its been said that hid uses less energy and less heat thatst true. however i went throw several retro fitted on oem headlights and they still melted

ohsnapzitzmeng

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well im using my ion blue headlights made by depo i think thats the name and 8000k HIDs works fine and never got pulled over and yes there nice looking and i aimed them to about waist height?

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ouch. K2 down for the count. Ok I'm just gonna order some Stanley's.then oem fenders a oem bumper and maybe a oem hood, maybe a CF oem hood. Spend 1000$ and get some sex hair for it!!!!!

devilzek84

5+ Year Member
k2 sux i bout a pair of black housing form my accord but they kept sending me the wrong one.. it took two months to get the right ones!

Solid_Snake

Te mato con mi VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I currently have Phillips D2R bulbs, which are 4300k.
I love them they give out a warm white light.

CivicALC

DUBsteP Saved mY LifE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have k2 black housings for two years now. Zero problems, Zero water inside, still look brand new!

hei83

I got kit from Advan-Emotion, Inc. a while back. I think this is a limited time offer only. Not sure. This kit goes for $37.99 shipped.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It seems that 35W HIDs will not melt the eBay projector housings, but 55W HIDs will.

DOPEYBOY247

5+ Year Member
get some OE replacement headlights from Car-stuff.com

they're $87 each w/o shipping and they're made by TYC.
For that much money might as well spend a little more and get Stanley OEM headlights or used CTRs.