Headlight removal

Young gunna

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i want to replace my headlights.. but idk if i really have to take off the front bumper. Do i have to remove the entire thing?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah, it is pretty painless though. 1 philips screw on each corner under the fenders, 7 clips on the grill, and i think like 2 10mm bolts on the bottom. actually you dont even have to take the bolts off the bottom, just remove the 2 screws and 7 clips then pull the bumper forward so it slides off the bumper support and hangs down. each headlight has 4 10mm bolts

replacing the headlight should take you 10-20 minutes. after the first time you can do it in about 5 minutes

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
have fun aligning it back on though, its a b***h :[
No .... it's not. Once you've done it, it's like riding a bike. I can have my bumper off in 5 minutes, and back on in about 7.

TopGear_

┌∩┐ (◣_◢) ┌∩┐
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^what he said. the first time might take you a few minutes. but really... it's cake:thumbup:

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, it is pretty painless though. 1 philips screw on each corner under the fenders, 7 clips on the grill, and i think like 2 10mm bolts on the bottom. actually you dont even have to take the bolts off the bottom, just remove the 2 screws and 7 clips then pull the bumper forward so it slides off the bumper support and hangs down. each headlight has 4 10mm bolts

replacing the headlight should take you 10-20 minutes. after the first time you can do it in about 5 minutes
+1 this kid knows whats up

bumper removal is a sinch. once you do it, you'll really feel like an idiot for thinking it was a big deal

leftywill3

I AM TAMARACK!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm a noob and replaced my headlights with bumber still on. Fail.
Damn, youd called Fail on yourself:shock: haha
Yea but hey thats an honest noob mistake like forgetting to shut you door when backing up:cool:

sajin

5+ Year Member
Holy crap I did that too. I needed driver door open but it was blocked and I needed to back up like 5 feet. So I entered through passenger side and attempted to back up car 5 feet with door open but yet another epic fail. There was a steel column to the new carport we had put in and BAM! New addition of major dent to the pinata aka car. I feel ashamed of that moment still. :(

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

this kid knows his s**t lol
have fun aligning it back on though, its a b***h :[
:word: just take your time and you should be good

EGHseries

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it would not be hard man just take your time and you will be all right man

jon-k

5+ Year Member
oh well..a dent in your car isn't much when you left you car running all church long..a good hour and a half...

oh and your doors where all locked so you had to wedge the door open with a screwdriver, leaving dents on the door and damaging the seal, so that you could reach in with a close hanger to pull the trunk lever
:P

we were late..didn't have time to turn it off and i didn't want it to get stolen..???
:P jk
still feel retarded to this day about it haha

at least it is a good conversation starter

leftywill3

I AM TAMARACK!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh well..a dent in your car isn't much when you left you car running all church long..a good hour and a half...

oh and your doors where all locked so you had to wedge the door open with a screwdriver, leaving dents on the door and damaging the seal, so that you could reach in with a close hanger to pull the trunk lever
:P

we were late..didn't have time to turn it off and i didn't want it to get stolen..???
:P jk
still feel retarded to this day about it haha

at least it is a good conversation starter
Well I have lovely pics up of my dent in my build haha
And I once locked my keys in my old car, both sets drivers side door unlocked, but outside handle broken off, and had to use my ice scraper through the sunroof to unlock the car.
Also in my 89 hatch that was the biggest POS that ran, I had locked my keys in it so many times I could take a screwdriver and a metal hanger and have my hatch opened in 5 minutes.:cool:

Sry for taking over your thread man