Headlights and my coupe

woobie

woobie
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For anyone out there who has a 7th gen (01-03) coupe I found something out the hardway about the headlights. I ordered some projector headlights for my 03 coupe and a week after I got them I went to work. I dropped the bumper and removed the driver side light and mounted the new headlight only to find out the bulb holders were very different from what the headlight was moulded for. Since the company only took returns within 5 days I was stuck. To make a long boring story short it turned out I had sedan head lights. They mount fine and when I bought sedan bulbholders they fit the headlights and clicked right into the harness and it works fine. I have NO IDEA why they should be different but they are.

Tom

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just another way to confuse you and make it hell on us do it yourselfers and hobbiests.

EndlessEM2

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i thought the coupes and sedans both used the same headlight haha...guess i was wrong

civicvtec1ps

7thgencivic.com Mod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yup,
Looks identical but Blub connecters are slightly different.
Minor modification though.

woobie

woobie
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Another note...they are not as good as stock for giving off light as I am sure everyone has heard.

pon55

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My projectors are working great.Most peps with problems have never adjusted them!

civicvtec1ps

7thgencivic.com Mod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
flipmoderacer02 said:
dont projectors use a different size light bulb?
Yes They do use different Bulbs.
Headlights come with new harness that just plugs in on stock headlights harness.

Chicohonda02

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
5 day return policy, thats F*up. so they worked? cool, sucks you got the wrong part. enjoy

jdm_em2

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they use h1 compare to h4 stock powerful! to me projectors sucks i use to own set of projectors