Headlights going from white to pink then swapping.

EgNickCx

I just got my car about a month ago. It has pink HID's in there right now but they've been acting funny. The other day I started my car and then went inside to grab something and when I came back out i noticed my right headlight was out. I figured it was burnt out so I went to my grandpa's shop and asked him what kind of bulb I would need but when we went out to check it i turned the headlights on and they were both on. After a few seconds the right one went out again. He took the bulb out and he said it looks burnt out but its still turning on? After awhile both headlights stayed on but the right one turned white and the left stayed pink, after about a minute it switched and the right one turned pink and the left one turned white. My battery is relocated to the back so I'm curious if maybe it's because the power has to travel so far? I've also noticed my dash clock blinks like the powers cutting in and out but it could just be old. Could the ballasts just be going bad? I want to just get a whole new kit but I don't want to waste money if its a connection problem and a new kit wont fix it..

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
usually just the ballast...if you wanted to use the PnP HID kit still just get a whole new kit 4500k-6000k since pink is very illegal

cuetip

Registered VIP
i have green on my civic, and my right one was doing the samething, so i did some re search and its the ballast, buy an new ballast, or get 2 of the ones that have built n stabilizers so it wont ruin your bulb

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HID lights cannot "burn out" in the traditional sense. unlike normal lights the light is not produced by a heating a filament inside it. with HID lights there is pressurized gas contained with 2 electrodes. when the electrodes are turned on it ionizes the gas creating a plasma that gives off the light. as long as the gas is sealed inside it should still function.

so like others have suggested it isn't the bulb itself but more likely something else.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My guess is there is a poor connection somewhere. Check the wires going to and coming out of the ballasts. I had a DDM kit several months ago and one day one headlight randomly worked. I ended up having to push one wire back into the ballast and put tape around it because it kept falling out and cutting power to the ballast. That's what you get for cheap stuff!

ek4kat

5+ Year Member
Get some real hid kit that costs 100 not cheap eBay 30 shipped crap. I bought his kit for 150 and I've had them for almost 4 years. N my wife daily drives the car. What you pay for, is what you get