headlights socket

SoN Of Ek

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i duno if anyone had this problem before but it happends alot to most eks, but there h4 headlight sockets burn out over some time, well mines did, and i took care of it by replacing them myselfs, now im not master honda tech, but i do work in car audio ad know a bit, i wired some correct but it seems the left headlight is a lil dimmer then the other one(which turns on perfect) both have blue bulbs in them brandnew but i can tell the left one is not that bright. anyone have any ideas? did i do somthing wrong? any help would be great! take care

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did you solder the connections? If a connection is bad that can cause resistance thus a dimmer bulb. Try switching the bulbs from left to right and see if its the bulb or the socket. Use a dmm and see if you are getting good current through the each area of the socket.

especko

the reborn ESP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
depending on how different the lights look brightness wise make sure that they are aligned, if one just looks brighter theres a chance that it is just not aligned right, but if there is actually a difference on how bright the lights shine its probably something with the wiring.