headlights

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so i was just wondering if black housing headlights are stock in the u.s because im looking at buying brand new headlights but i dont want to bake a set of brand new headlights . also do they cost more or and where can i get them

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They are not stock. You can buy black housing headlights on ebay. They're like $75.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why am i a ricer for wanting black housing headlights? makes no sense to me. i like color matched headlight housings and my car is black. so would you call a corvette a ricer because most of them have color matched headlights. also i dont want to buy cheap headlights off ebay and have them look like s**t and leak water

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
I've never liked color matched headlight housings. But I do like blackhousing headlights. In fact, my brother sells Chevy's and he showed me the new Corvette and I wasn't too impressed with the headlights. Lol. But, to his, their own.

Either way, if you're buying aftermarket headlights, they are most likely going to leak. The only way you can get them to not leak is if you get Stanley OEM Blackhousings. But good luck getting them from Japan since they are JDM and expensive as s**t. If you get the Ebay ones or cheap ones made in China, just take headlight sealant or silicone caulking and put it around where the lens meets the housing. It's quick and simple.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why am i a ricer for wanting black housing headlights? makes no sense to me. i like color matched headlight housings and my car is black. so would you call a corvette a ricer because most of them have color matched headlights. also i dont want to buy cheap headlights off ebay and have them look like s**t and leak water
The difference between what you're going for and the Corvette, Fit, and other cars that come with color matched housing is, 1) those are color matched. You're are gonna be black, but in reality, it won't match. 2) Quality. quality, quality. 3) They come stock on those cars, it was meant to be on those cars like that. I don't hate color matched housing, not something I would do, but for me to appreciate it, it has to be truly color matched.

I've had black housing headlights and was not impressed. The beam pattern was garbage and after about half a year, they started to leak.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how is the beam pattern effected? did you paint paint the reflector black or something? it shouldnt affect the beam pattern if you dont paint the reflector

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why would I do something that stupid? I purchased the same black housing lights that all the 5th gen guys gotten. Quality was just crap.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's why you don't buy Ebay crap and you tint the stockies.

hurrdurrrr

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya i baked my headlights and painted the housing black. and i have a 6th gen so it is probably a little different

Ace92028

Gold Member
i have black housing headlights on my silver civic and i have never had any problems with them. (Bought on Ebay) for 140bucks...i think they look really good on black/silver cars :D