Heated cupholders?

Si-vicsedan

5+ Year Member
is the center console between the seats where the shifter storage bin and cupholders are suppose to be heated? I put a nice ice cold drink in there and within 5 minutes it was boiling like a teakettle. Is Honda telling me Civics are only for the coffee drinking driver !!! :???:

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It is right over the exhaust. My buddy's short-throw gets freakin' nuculear.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn, that's a pretty strange problem. I've never heard of anything like that before but I'd say it's a pretty significant problem. Maybe you could put some heat wrap on your exhaust and some dynamat under the console.

1stcivic

5+ Year Member
Next time you have the car into the dealer have them check the heater pathway that runs to the rear seating area. It has a connection right under the cup holder and if that has come loose then you have a heated cup holder.

TJ92Civic

WeRd
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yah I read about that on 8thgencivic.com seems like the heating duct comes loose, and heats up the cupholder area...

tim

JDMsta

CC's Assologist
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Si-vicsedan said:
is the center console between the seats where the shifter storage bin and cupholders are suppose to be heated? I put a nice ice cold drink in there and within 5 minutes it was boiling like a teakettle. Is Honda telling me Civics are only for the coffee drinking driver !!! :???:
You probably bought the one with the NewBorn Baby Package...............I think the baby bottle goes there :???:
;)

aznwannabe

26psi what?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's actually kinda sweet if you aren't enjoying a nice cold drink. lol.

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I never noticed any strange heat? Must be the heater duck, were you running your heater at the time?

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you've got an 06....id get that s**t fixed

06CivicOwner

5+ Year Member
I put my Pepsi in there for about 5 minutes and took a sip and spit it out! It was hot! ewwww gross....I hear what you're saying!

EXSpeedAddict

POWERTHIRST!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my 6th gen did get warm around the center console, due to the exhaust path being right below the console. that could be part of your problem.

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
EXSpeedAddict said:
my 6th gen did get warm around the center console, due to the exhaust path being right below the console. that could be part of your problem.
Seeeeeeeeeeee?

DuH-ReL

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
After much observation, it turns out that I have a similar situation. It doesn't get hot, but does get quite warm. It's more hot at the base of my e-brake and the surrounding area. Btw, I have a coupe; is this more of a problem for sedans?

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its been 5 months and I have since installed a race header and still no strange heat, may want to get it checked out

TheCrazy1

i-VTEC addict
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've had my Si for 3 months now and I've never noticed anything like this with mine. Maybe it's a problem they fixed on later produced models? :what:

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its because its closer to the trans havent you noticed the shifter feeling abit hot?

DuH-ReL

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jcmrules said:
its because its closer to the trans havent you noticed the shifter feeling abit hot?
mine actually doesn't really get hot (maybe somewhat warm). only when the car's been sitting out in the sun will the shift knob be too hot to touch.

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah my car has only gotten hot from being in the sun, never from driving excessively or anything from the exhaust.