Heater control lights out

HondaCRX881

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got an 03 civic lx and the light behind the vent selector control knob is dead but the other ones are working just fine, just curious if anyone has ever changed the bulbs behind there or if even possible. i know you can change out the gauge cluster bulbs on some models so i figured it might be the same but never had this issue before. searched through the forum but couldnt reall find what i was looking for

puerto_rico21

5+ Year Member
Yo have u installed a new cd player or subs anthing like that?...cause wen I did mine the lights got all messed up...like the rea defroster light wouldn't come on, but the airconditioner one and the air circleculation onelight up...if its that jus play around with the harness that's connected to the cd player that's wat I did and it finally worked..jus wen u find that it works fine jus put everything back in nice and gently...hope this helps

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I have two that are out, and one burned out on the dash. Honda told me it was just a matter of them being burnt out from old age. They wanted a 180$ to do the entire interior with new lights, so your best bet is to just go about buying new lights and fixing the one's you need fixed yourself.

HondaCRX881

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea new cd player installed a while ago but didnt happen until quite a while afterwards, i'll scope out the thread jon