hella flush

cuetip

Registered VIP
ok guys tell me how do u sit hella flush without rubbing tire?? and what parts of a suspension are needed if i wanted my 99 civic hx to sit hellaflush

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
define..."hella flush"

cuetip

Registered VIP
like getting the tire as close to the fender as possible without rubbing and b able to drive without messing up your tires

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
air suspension.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no you cant go hellaflush with air, thats cheating. bags are for pussies, but lol i got bad news for ya OP. hellaflush you do rub at times. but you get spacers or the right offset rim, rolled fenders and high spring rates.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
None of the "hellaflush" guys daily drive their cars, and if they do, they go through tires like socks.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats not true, thats the guys with huge camber and stuff. you dont need much camber to be hellaflush, you just need to be flush with the fender. like if i ran spacers, it wouldnt make my tires wear down quicker

im on stancenation a lot, and many of those cars are DDs

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
thats not true, thats the guys with huge camber and stuff. you dont need much camber to be hellaflush, you just need to be flush with the fender. like if i ran spacers, it wouldnt make my tires wear down quicker

im on stancenation a lot, and many of those cars are DDs
"The guys with huge camber and stuff" are the same guys that are representing over 90% of the hellaflush community, just go to one of their websites and look through the cars and tell me how many you see with less than lets say 4.5° of camber and standard fitment tires(not stretched).

Sure you can take a 6.5 inch wheel with 40 offset and slam a 40mm spacer on it, that might be what you'll settle for but I doubt that'll slide in their community.

I'm sure "many" of those cars are daily driven, and those are the guys that go through tires and other constant problems regarding wheel offset wearing on suspension parts, but I'm sure that just as "many" of them are garage queens and/or have a different set of wheels for when they actually need to drive the car instead of taking a photoshoot with it or having it at a car show.

Oh and just to clarify this for you as well as Chris(I'm sure you were just busting OP's balls):
Hellaflush - When a car is fitted with insane offset and camber so the wheel is "flush" with the fender flare.
Hellaflush - Wheel offset, Small stretched tires, on a slammed vehicle = flush, or hella flush as people like to say.
I'm going to go ahead and say that those are pretty accurate definitionions of "hellaflush".

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it all depends how you define hellaflush, this is a constant argument on the forums on those sites. i would say the ones who are stretching tires go through them quick, the ones who dont arent going through them quick. its not worth arguing about, its all opinionated

i think we can agree that oni camber is retarded though

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
it all depends how you define hellaflush, this is a constant argument on the forums on those sites. i would say the ones who are stretching tires go through them quick, the ones who dont arent going through them quick. its not worth arguing about, its all opinionated

i think we can agree that oni camber is retarded though
You just contradicted your previous post...?

Did you even read mine?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think there is three threads going on about this and its all starting to blend together of who is saying what. sorry about that. ill go re read it

ok so i re read what you said, and i often see that referred to as poke since the rim is poking out past the fender. with how many definitions there is to "hellaflush" i refer to it as those who are just flush with the fenders. you dont need to have stretched tires and camber.

for example, my friends jetta is often referred to as hellaflush because his rims are perfectly in line with the edges of the fenders. He is running spacers on 8.5inch rims, not stretched, and has had the same tires for a year now and they arent worn down at all. like i said though, there are many definitions and they all kinda get mixed together

I dont refer to the company/group of hellaflush as actually hellaflush. yes those cars are there, but they have many more in there now also. stretch, poke. tucking, everything.

Last edited:

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Alright, in order to make your car have what I think the OP means by hellaflush fitment you need to either/or run a wider wheel with a stretched tire, have camber, have a lower offset than stock or have wheel spacers.

First two will wear out the tires, second two will cause your bearings/ball joints and other steering components to have a huge amount of stress on them(wear them out faster) as well as affect your car's handling.

Just because your friends tires are fine, doesn't mean he's not destroying other components faster than normal.

cuetip

Registered VIP
Ok bc mine would be a daily driver, I am just looking for a nice offset stance that looks good on a slammed civic

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i get what your saying now. OP its exactly what Kensai said. you pretty much need to go as low and wide as possible. Depending what extent you take it to will determine how much quicker things are worn out. You can make it so you dont go through tires quickly, or like they say "change your tires with your oil", but you will wear something else out quicker. Just like in ANY car, there is always a weak spot somewhere.

thanks for clearing up what you meant Kensai, i think we may have been aiming for different things lol i was just talking about your more common persons hellaflush, and you seem to be talking about the "famous" ones you see online. The ones who push everything to the max. i would show the type of hellaflush i meant, but i dont see it being worth it.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
suspension,low offset wheels,stretched tires and a fender roller and your good.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
eh no need for a fender roller. i used heat and a body hammer. they are rolled completely flat. also if you want to pull the fenders you can do the phonebook trick

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Let's see. When I was herra frush I was eating my nitto's every 4 months, no joke. DONE w/ those days. Looks good in some cases, but not worth the amount I threw to tires constantly.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you musta had some cereal camber or serious toe.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes. If you dont stretch the tires or run a lot of camber you can. just get low offset wheels or spacers. you will still get nicks in your wheels through unless you roll the fenders flat