hella wide

fakerims

5+ Year Member
what type of work (body/suspension) will I have to do to get a 15x8 with a 25 offset onto an EK coupe?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats not too crazy of an offset and wheel size. what tire are you planning on running

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you may want to roll your fenders for good measure, but with proper camber, those should tuck nicely.

fakerims

5+ Year Member
I'm looking at running a 165 50 15

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
165's are wayyy too small for wanting an offset/width he wants

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Definitely way too skinny... you're going to ruin the lips on the rims. I'd recommend 195 and up.

fakerims

5+ Year Member
a 205 wont stretch on an 8 inch wide rim and a 195 has a tread width of 7.6 inches, that wont stretch all that much either and with a wheel/tire combo that wide I wont be able to lower the car

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
imo, op, you haven't done any research, you should look into it more them come back and ask.

Don't tell me you've done any research, because 165/50/15 on 8 inch wheels... come on... that speaks for itself. maybe on a 6.5 or 6.75 inch wheel.

fakerims

5+ Year Member
spnky eg is running 195 45's on a x9 and a x9.5 A 165 has a tread width of 6.49 inches which will stretch the tire 1.5 inches. A 195 wont stretch at all onto an 8 inch wide rim because it's a 7.6 inch wide tread.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but you dont need to stretch that much to make it fit. Arnel's wheels are too damn wide, he has no choice but to stretch as much as possible.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stretching tires is not always safe either

EXSpeedAddict

POWERTHIRST!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Try like a 225/45R15 you'll really be stretching 195s, most people put 205s on 7-7.5 inch width rims. 225 width is about ideal for an 8-inch wide rim.

n2hifi

5+ Year Member
my 15x8 +35 work equips 03's with 205/50/15 falken 512's not a huge stretch at all but still a stretch

on my 97 ex

nothing near like what alot of guys are running but i also dont have to run neg nine million camber to fit my wheels either

but i would run atleast 195's on your set up .... should work just fine

fakerims

5+ Year Member
I have 205 50's now on a x7 and it looks like a monster truck tire. I don't want a tire that's gonna rub my fenders and a 225 "WILL" rub with a x8 w a 25 offset. this isn't a track car it's a daily.
195 mm = 7.6 inches = not much of a stretch.