hello fellow civicheads

xyoungsizzlex

5+ Year Member
wassup ppl..im new to the car scene..im 17 n i got a 92 Sedan for my birthday..the engine is in pretty good shape. the only thing is, there a lil dent in the hood and sum rust by the rear left wheel..n i want to start my civic project...but after i get the dent and the rust fixed, where should i go from there..should i lower it? n if so how much would this be??(i am a working senior in high school..dont have too much money)

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Welcome to the boards. Lowering it depends on how much you want to spend, and if you wan't to be able to adjust the ride height or just a use drop springs.

Bruckhoff_34

Built not baught
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Welcome wish i got a civic for a first car.

Golana

5+ Year Member
bag it :D drop it to the pinch welds, and drag body!

hahaa! sorry, MiniTrucker in me comin out :P

if i was you, i'd save up for a high torque engine, and lower it, beefier swaybars, bigger brakes, NO BODY KIT, some nice rims, and then color-code the interior white, with accents to match the car. but thats just me :P

clifford_05

Rockin the d-series
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:welcome:
Id say after you get the cosemtic stuff fixed Id go with some suspension and then get a nice set of wheels.. After that then you could go which ever way you wanted to really..

jinx

808 LPC addict
5+ Year Member
welcome to civic tweak city ;) lol.
yup, best way is to fix whatevers wrong with it now then go from there.
anyway, now is the time for the simple and clean look.
just check out what others have on their cars and researchresearchresearch.
good luck. and congrats on being responsible enough your parents buy you a car. especially since you're still in high school. +1

Golana

5+ Year Member
Hasn't anyone told you yet? Honda never offered torque.:lol:
oh man... im a torque addict! i'd try to find the engine with the most torque and build it for high torque if i could... i know nothing about honda engines, or how they work, what kind of power you can get from them or anything... i'd just love to see a civic with more torque than horsepower, or close to equal anyways hahaa!

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
oh man... im a torque addict! i'd try to find the engine with the most torque and build it for high torque if i could... i know nothing about honda engines, or how they work, what kind of power you can get from them or anything... i'd just love to see a civic with more torque than horsepower, or close to equal anyways hahaa!
close to or equal just won't happen, it's sad how Honda has planned this out with our torqueless wonders.

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
neons, airbags and a bodykit....
show before go, it'll get you more respect on the streets.
oh yeah, welcome to clubcivic...
where old men like me are bitter....

Golana

5+ Year Member
show before go, it'll get you more respect on the streets.
hahahahahaa, are you serious? im sorry, but when i see an import with neons and a body kit, i just laugh... then i laugh even harder when i smoke em with my stock truck.
and why when i slow down, do they go just flying by! :lol: what are they trying to prove when they do that? (just curious...)

the ones with show and go arent bad though... it REALLY depends on the body kit though! some are just terrible!

GO before show, it will get you more respect on the streets. seriously, sleeper is the way to go! looks like stock, goes like stink!

im not trying to diss you guys with body kits and stuff, i just dont get the whole mentality of "look how much money i spent on a body kit and neons and everything, but i dont go very fast"... why not beef your car up, start kickin ass, then get the looks?

some people also take it way too f**kin far... case and point:
Way Too f**kin Far
I would be embarrassed to drive that... or even be seen near it. honestly.

this is tastefully done though, besides the mirrors, i think this car looks alright :D
Tastefully Done

HybridKyle

5+ Year Member
^^ x2 :rotflmfao:

Get the rust fixed first and foremost. Then I would start with some drop springs and save for some nice wheels. Look around, decidewhat you do and don't like...then decide, it's your car, not ours. And welcome to CC...