Help! 1999 honda civic swapped.

ceddyteddy

I was driving my 1999 honda civic, i was going down the freeway, and it randomly died, I turned it back over and it sounded like crap! and died again. i got a tow back to where i live and now im wondering what the heck could have happened. when i got back my battery was dead, so i suspect a alternator? but what would cause it to sound all clanky when i start it and then die?? It has a swapped b18b1 in it, and a turbo, if that helps anything! thanks!

CO671

Registered VIP
Where's the noise coming from? Is it tuned? Are you boosting too much that i caused the rods to blow?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Unfortunately your post gives us absolutely nothing to go off of. That is like saying "I just got home and my front porch window is broken. How could that have happened?". We don't know without more elaboration. Going to need to do some digging and leg work to figure it out on your own. All we can do is speculate and that isn't going to help much.

Turbo could be clunking, valves could be loud and clunking, could be a rod knock, could be a pulley that went...

ceddyteddy

It is tuned, but my turbo is only at 10 lbs, I had it dyno'd at 340hp 290 tq, :lol:
It ran perfectly fine, i was driving for 3-4 hours, and it drove perfectly fine, then it randomly died, i dont understand what really could have happened, cause it will still start, but sounds like it is coming from the motor,, I just need basic idea's before i go take it to a shop and waste alot more then i have to. The motor only has 65k On it, and it didnt blow a rod, atleast through the motor. I dont even wanna go turn it on.

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Unfortunately your post gives us absolutely nothing to go off of. That is like saying "I just got home and my front porch window is broken. How could that have happened?". We don't know without more elaboration. Going to need to do some digging and leg work to figure it out on your own. All we can do is speculate and that isn't going to help much.

Turbo could be clunking, valves could be loud and clunking, could be a rod knock, could be a pulley that went...
:like:

It is tuned, but my turbo is only at 10 lbs, I had it dyno'd at 340hp 290 tq, :lol:
It ran perfectly fine, i was driving for 3-4 hours, and it drove perfectly fine, then it randomly died, i dont understand what really could have happened, cause it will still start, but sounds like it is coming from the motor,, I just need basic idea's before i go take it to a shop and waste alot more then i have to. The motor only has 65k On it, and it didnt blow a rod, atleast through the motor. I dont even wanna go turn it on.
It could have 9 million hp, and you still haven't given us enough information to diagnose your problem. And if you're too scared to even try starting it, it may as well be a 3,000lb paperweight. You really will/do need to take it to a shop for a professional to look at in person. It will save you time and money in the long run, believe it or not!