Help asap!!!!! Please

civrex

5+ Year Member
i was getting gabriel something strut's but just yesterday i got a monroe strut.

civrex

5+ Year Member
alright so i went down and fixed the car again dont know how long it'll last but at least it's home and im not going far from here with this thing again! but anyway's i took pic's of the install and the broken one to show you all what i mean.

alright here's what it looked like when i went down

and now out of the car

and the old one and new one side by side you can see the broken piece on the ground on these strut's they're real fat/thick the rod that is, then they get narrower at the top where the bolt goes. that's where it snap's off at!

and i found out they were marked and i did have it in right! now i dont know what's going on then like why they keep breaking??? but anyways i took pic's of how i lined them up with the top hat and spring mount hat thing. here's me compressing the spring's and screwing it all down. let me know if this look's right to you guy's i lined it all up toward's the wheel.

and then here i started to install it and didn't turn it at all once it was bolted in!!!

and back down and done! i did get the car home i just dont know how long it's going to last this time around!!

civrex

5+ Year Member
alright there's a bushing on picture 8 and 9 could that be why there breaking? it look's like a motor mount bushing on the left side bottom of the pic's but the rubber isnt connected it's like a hole, is that supposed to be a full peice? but other than that i cant see anything else that's wrong.