help! b18a1 into 96 hatch

brentl21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im putting a b18a1 that's from a 93 teg that obd1 into a 98 dx hatch. i have done a b series into an ek before so i know whats goin on and all haha but i need a lil help with a few things. i have searched alot and still need to clear some things up so any help would be sweet !

1. motor mounts- i have the kit that makes a b series work in a ek........ i know i have to use the rear T bracket from a si or i think a 94-00 teg but i need to know what upper tanny mount, and also what drivers side bracket to use the ones thats bolted to the block under the timing cover.

2. wiring- the wiring harness that is in the car is the stock dx one that has the different intake mani and the like vertical TB.... so none of the sensors plug in or reach.... i know i can splice and dice the plugs and make them longer to fit but i don't really want to do that so i wondering what other obd2a harness i could use? like a d16y8 one i think would be good then i wouldn't have to add anything. but im not sure what would be my best bet to get?

3. axels and half shaft- i read i could use 94-00 axels and half shaft but wanted to make sure. or any others i could use.

i could not find a how to or a parts list for this swap so i thought i would post a thread for some help so if anyone could help that would be great! so thanks ill prolly think of more things i need to ask so ill post up when i think of it. thanks

brentl21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bump anyone ?

orioncivic

5+ Year Member
the axle part is right but as far as the wiring id just do it yourself. pretty sure the belt side needs the delsol b16 3 bolt 2 post mnt and the stock rubber side mnt will work but not postitive as for the trans mt not sure why you going b18a? turbo? if so id go b18b route the head flows better and i believe the block is stronger too. hope this helps

brentl21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks yes it does help man. i read another belt side one that would work is from a 99-00 si anyone else know if this would also work? well i got the b18a for 300 bucks so lol but thanks i didn't know the b18b is stronger wish i would have known that before or well haha

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well the only difference between the b18a and b18b's are the cams, theres the 10 hp difference. Get some b1 cams.

EK KRAZY

5+ Year Member
Hey I've got the same motor droppin it on my ek coupe if u have any parts 4 sale that u may not need hit me up good luck on ur swap.