*Help* car wont start

Project "H"

Project "H" Racing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i got a new head unit today i installed it and now my car wont start all my lights come on radio and all but i dont hear the starter or any clicks nothing from under the hood anyone have any advice?oh by the way i took out the head unit and hook old one back to see if that was it.

Goodmayn

5+ Year Member
Lots of people are at work bro, bumps less than an hour apart are unneccessary.

I have no idea why your car would do that after changing a headunit. My guess is that it's unrelated since you put the old unit back in and it still didn't work. Since you were working on the electrical system, you may have overloaded a circuit and blown a fuse or flipped a relay or something. My first thought would be to check all the wires behind the head unit and make sure there's nothing naked (no sheathing) that could short something out, make sure all connections are tight and wired properly (sounds like they are since the h/u works) and then move on to the fuses. My car wouldn't start once cause I jarred the ignition fuse loose somehow.

dummycivic

5+ Year Member
Yeah. Don't bump so hard. I'm in class but there should be a switch near ur steering wheel hub. Take the cover off behind the steering wheel and there should be a switch on the left side. It probably came looose or something.

Illegal

New Zealand
5+ Year Member
1.who put it in
2. what car/motor ect
3. is that all that was done was the radio? Did you check to see if they killed your battery?

Project "H"

Project "H" Racing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol i left the ground wire behind the steering wheel lose when i took the piece off.thx for the help though i was flipping out that day cause it wasnt my house that my car stopped working at

Project "H"

Project "H" Racing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no it was a ground that was screwed in by one of the dash screws under the ignition side.