Help choosing a credit card

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:word: by the time i was 21 i was 15 grand in debt and file bankruptcy at 22.
I'm 19, and already 50K in student loan debt.

plumers

i am a nice guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why do people have credit cards anyway? i still don't get it. i don't have credit card yet

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Because credit > cash these days. Credit is not overrated. Consider trying to get a loan, or buy a house, or buy a car, and you have a credit score of lets say 810 as opposed to like 400.

People just can't control themselves when it comes to credit cards then blame credit companies and what not when they can't pay their s**t back because they're irresponsible :what:.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
credit is your future.

buying cars, houses, anything.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm 19, and already 50K in student loan debt.
revolving accounts (credit cards) and loans are looked at very differently by credit agencies. 50k of student loans is a whole lot better than 50k in credit card debt

credit is your future in this country. without good credit you will get ass raped all your life when you go to buy things like cars and homes. on a $150K house a good credit score can save you tens of thousands of dollars over the course of the mortgage compared to a low credit score

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
get one from the bank you currently have a checking account with, convenient, and just pay it off before any of the interest goes through/ end of thread

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
get one from the bank you currently have a checking account with, convenient, and just pay it off before any of the interest goes through/ end of thread
You're late by like 4 days lol. I already got a credit card on Sunday and it's a Citi Platinum for Students. I tried going through my bank and they denied me (for their personal qualification reasons which I didn't want to bother wasting time going to bank and trying to dispute). Besides, the Citi Platinum for Students has lower variable APR and didn't require a credit history.

And I'm 20 and roughly $20,000 in student loan debt (for those that I said 35,000, I made a mistake and read a letter wrong. Thank God :lol:). I start paying it all back this year but I'm going to dispute that this fall if I have a chance at full time school again since I'll be full time and back in school. Gonna try to see if I can get them deferred again.