Help!! Civic Techies!!!!

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Till this day, I was brought up on the fact about doing an engine swap of the same years as the body chasis or higher is considered the correct thing to do to do. Well, today, I called HAP to see what is available for sale. They have a 99 b16 in stock..blahblah..

They have mentioned that a 99 engine, put into a 00 chasis will be ok as far as REF issues. "They cannot tell the difference when the smog day comes in"

Is this true?? Being that they work on cars, especially on Hondas, I would take their word on this. I ALWAYS thought that an engine, put into the car, would have to be the same year as the chasis. I still will not believe it until I get a confirmed response.

PLEASE, no noobie responses.

Being in California, this is as hard as it gets..

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
COnsidering that the 99 & 00 Si both ahve the same engine I dont see why you whould have a problem. YOu ware basically replacing withe same engine.I dont beleive you will have a issue with that.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SeanJohn1809 had a 00 civic Si but they guy he bought it from wreched it or something and had to replace the engine...the guy replaced it with a 99 si engine....and I dont think Dan has had any problem getting it smoged. If you wanna swap a 99 engine into your 00 you will be okay..you should PM Dan and talk to him

jokenfu21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
[civic] said:
Till this day, I was brought up on the fact about doing an engine swap of the same years as the body chasis or higher is considered the correct thing to do to do. Well, today, I called HAP to see what is available for sale. They have a 99 b16 in stock..blahblah..

They have mentioned that a 99 engine, put into a 00 chasis will be ok as far as REF issues. "They cannot tell the difference when the smog day comes in"

Is this true?? Being that they work on cars, especially on Hondas, I would take their word on this. I ALWAYS thought that an engine, put into the car, would have to be the same year as the chasis. I still will not believe it until I get a confirmed response.

PLEASE, no noobie responses.

Being in California, this is as hard as it gets..
dude bro, i wouln't risk it. You know how Cali is f**ked up with that Smog s**t...it's hard enough to get it ref'd. don't take the chance of droppin' a motor a year before and think that ref's don't know....CALI REF's are strick bro...dont' do it. play it safe...

AqueousFila

Keeping it Tru'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is there a place you can call and ask? cuz the engine would be the exact same as stated earlier... If you find the answer let us know cuz i would also like to know the answer...

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2kstreetcivic said:
SeanJohn1809 had a 00 civic Si but they guy he bought it from wreched it or something and had to replace the engine...the guy replaced it with a 99 si engine....and I dont think Dan has had any problem getting it smoged. If you wanna swap a 99 engine into your 00 you will be okay..you should PM Dan and talk to him

Good deal, I will pm him later..

Thanks for the responses..if anyone has any additional inputs, please post your comments.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont risk it.. when the ref runs the vin for the engine. they will find out it is a 1999 engine. check when your car was made.. if your car was made in 1999 then it will work.

hap :thumbdown

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anekin007 said:
dont risk it.. when the ref runs the vin for the engine. they will find out it is a 1999 engine. check when your car was made.. if your car was made in 1999 then it will work.

hap :thumbdown

Ill check this out for sure..

Whats your input on HAP, seriously?

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hap prices are high.. plus one of my friend bought a b18c1 from there.. 3 months later, it threw a rod.

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
call a smog ref and ask them, its worth a try. also how much was hap asking for the b16 swap?

Kihun_Cha

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well if you are not sure and the other club members are, you shall call the dmv
and find out wut the deal is.. i dont see what the problem is between 99 and 00 si engine
same ol s**t but wuteva..cali is gay so just call da dmv and find out

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
steve98ex said:
call a smog ref and ask them, its worth a try. also how much was hap asking for the b16 swap?
They are quoting me 3200 complete. And I know its pricey, but I need to do this before the engine quits on me. Theres too many probolems to list.

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
97BlackCivic said:
99-00 civics are the same, nothing is different at all
I know theres no difference. You dont live in california.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
[civic] said:
I know theres no difference. You dont live in california.

:werd: he doesnt understand CA emissions...Like I said, you shouldnt have a problem, but to be sure PM Dan and see if he had any problems

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2kstreetcivic said:
:werd: he doesnt understand CA emissions...Like I said, you shouldnt have a problem, but to be sure PM Dan and see if he had any problems

We had a little discussion via PM earlier today. He suspected that the engine that is currently in the car, is a 99. But when the vin check comes up, it registers as a 00.

I recently smogged the car and I dont have to smog for another 2 years. Ill see what will happen then. Im also placing the order tommorow.

97BlackCivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, sry, i didnt know they were that god damn strick, if u have a b16 in ur car now whats the differnce of putting in the same motor with the same emission contorl, and r u doing or is a dealer doing it.

civicnoob

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dayam, i knew CA was strict, but that strict??? crazy shiet yO, when you can only put in motors of the same yr

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Done deal. The engine, for some reason, registers as a 2k SI, which is good. Maybe the auto wrecker didnt really know the year of the motor. This is verifying with the VIN # check.

Its arriving tommorow, and hopfully, everything is there and ready to swap on without having to purchase extra parts.

Last edited:

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civicnoob said:
dayam, i knew CA was strict, but that strict??? crazy shiet yO, when you can only put in motors of the same yr

They are very strict. Only same years or higher.

I would normally have to get the motor smogged with BAR after the swap, but I have recently smogged at a smog station, so Im good for almost 2 years.