Help diagnose my problem

Squintz

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alrighty. When driving, I will hear a reall high pitched squeaking coming from my front drivers side wheel well. If I apply even the slightest pressure to the brakes, the squeeking stops, but starts back up after I let go of the brake. If I hit the brakes pretty hard, it goes away for a few minutes, then starts up again.

Why the hell would my brakes make noise when they aren't pressed, but sound fine when they are? Have any other ideas of what it should be? The brakes have 8 months of wear of them, should be fine.

At first I thought it was the loose center cap on my rims just spinning, but after breaking that fawker off and making the s**t ugly, I found out it wasn't.

burntaxis

burnt axis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I warped my rotors really bad one time, and they would just squeak as I drove. The squeaking would also change pitch or go away if I turned.

Squintz

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Any other ideas? Gonna take her apart this weekend and wanna check everything while I'm down there.

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
me too..i get that faint screeching sound on my f**ken front brakes! dunno wut the hell it is! im bout to take it apart tomorrow! i will never again let a shop do my brakes! they stole my dam screws to the rotors and only put one on each side