Help diagnose window alignment problem

Meoshe

5+ Year Member
I tried alignin g my window about 4 hours today to no avail.

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=103218
I used this guide but it was not working. So I am wondering is my window regulator bad? It still has gaps at the very upper corner and the front. No matter how hard I pushed towards the back it didn't change much. I loosened all the bolts and retightened about 15 times with my friend pushing on the glass and it never really changed. Is there a way to tell if not the motor but the guide is bad?

There is where the gaps are with the window up. It almost seems like the front is not going up as high as it should hence the gaps.

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think you might just have to grease the tracking or the you track liner (<not sure if that what you call it) is bad that whats wrong with mine.

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If that did not work you have to replace the rails.

Meoshe

5+ Year Member
The front and rear guide rails? or the bottom guide where the window bolts up?

brentl21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
is your weather striping starting to break apart and crack.....cause that is what is happening to mine and everytime the window goes down and hits that point it jumps out of track so that might be what is wrong........anyone know where to get new striping for inside the door on the vertical tracks/rails the window moves up and down on?

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I had a bad regualtor on my 4 door and the window dropped about 3 inches and wouldnt go up. I am not sure if that is your problem because on 4 doors honda uses a pully system. Its not the same as coupes.

Meoshe

5+ Year Member
You know I couldn't see the rear one but the front one looked good. I need to get a manual or try to find the electronic version to see how to remove the rear one.

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Might I suggest you take it to honda they have lots of funky tools used just for the windows. Yes it might cost you but they have to do it right or they have to do it agian.

Meoshe

5+ Year Member
Yeah I thought about that. I want to attempt to fix it myself first. If I truly can't then I will take it. I have to replace other things first.

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hope it works be careful thought there are parts in there that can cost even more if they break.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I had this issue and I brought it to Honda. Never had a problem on that car again. You have to give them that.. .they do this stuff all day long, over and over...

Meoshe

5+ Year Member
Maybe I'll hold off on trying to fix it and take it to honda when I finish the other issues. I have a/c no need to be rolling the window up and down anyway. Thanks everyone for the input.

AgentSlim

Do Work Son
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I had this issue and I brought it to Honda. Never had a problem on that car again. You have to give them that.. .they do this stuff all day long, over and over...
I know this is old but if you see this how much did it cost?

junior1023

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My drivers side is jacked as well. Except when it gets about half way up, it starts to tilt to the front. So you see about 1/4" of non tinted window to the left. Makes it so people can pry my window. I have to push it back while it rolls up. It's a real pain in the ass.

Auto window

infam0us3o5

low n slow.
5+ Year Member
had the same problem last weekend...thought my regulator was going bad, so just to make sure it was the regulator, i went ahead and lubed up the track, it seems to have fixed the problem, i havnt had an issue with the window since then..

if lubing the track doesnt work, its most likley the regulator. i had to replace my passenger side regulator not too long ago cuz of the same problem..

supermonkeyball

5+ Year Member
Call your local honda dealer, give them this service bulletin number 97-021
They just fixed mine for free, 97 honda civic dx hatchback