Help: Driver side vent blows harder than passenger side vent

slammedej8

5+ Year Member
i was wondering if any of yall with ac have this problem. where my climate control is, the driver side vent blows way harder then the passenger side. this is on a 00 civic, is it suppose to be like this? i took the climate control off to see if anything was clogged but nothing.

RonJ

Banned
There's a dial that opens and closes air flow in those vents. Check whether the passenger side is dialed partially closed.

Last edited:

slammedej8

5+ Year Member
There's a dial that opens and closes air flow in those vents. Check whether the passenger side is dialed partially closed.
how do i go about this?

Ubajowa

I personally would just go at it, by taking the dash apart, and see if there is something blocking it somewhere. I had an issue like this and found the passenger ducting was not connected and was misaligned, which caused a lot of the air to blow into the dash and not out the vent, hope this helps

slammedej8

5+ Year Member
took my dash apart today and i couldn't find anything. nothing misaligned or out of place, nothing blocking or clogging the vents. so i called my friend with a 00 si and asked him does his car do the same thing and he said yes, maybe its just the way it was designed?

RonJ

Banned
took my dash apart today and i couldn't find anything. nothing misaligned or out of place, nothing blocking or clogging the vents. so i called my friend with a 00 si and asked him does his car do the same thing and he said yes, maybe its just the way it was designed?
Damn, I lost my bet that you'd find a rat's nest in there.

Deezy

silent partner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
....Should have called your friend first.....:mrgreen: