help get my car running

SKATERANGELO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my car
1993 civic cx
b18c obd1

my car harness caught on fire e i put a bigger fuse where i wasnt supposed to,,first i thought only the engine harness was the problem and bought a new one...the car didnt wanna turn on it will just crank..i followed the burned harness and i noticed also part of the interior harness got toasted..
the guy who sold me the car gaveme a new interior harness i plug everything and there were some extra plugs that i didnt know where they go,i called my friend so he could take a look at it and he noticed the interior harness the guy had gave me was from an automatic car and different trim ..
now the car doesnt even crank ..the lights from cluster tuurn on and the check engine light stays on.
is there a way i could modified this h.arneess so it could work with my motor and car .

civic92si

Gina my Lady in red
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i believe why dont you tried searching for "ECU diagram" or something that way it will show u the correct wire. thats if your ECU wire were toasted.

SKATERANGELO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the main relay was bad also i had to jump the auto connector from new harness .now runs fine thanks

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To answer your original question, yes, they are just wires. They can be modified to fit anything if you really wanted to.

It baffles me that the main relays weren't a recall. What a terribly made part. Mine has went out twice now. Going to resolder them so I have back ups for friends. Each time they went out, I was in a pinch and didn't have time to resolder. Should have done it after the first one went, but I forgot about it until the second one failed.