help haha

em2guy

5+ Year Member
ive had a 04 civic ex for about a year in june, and i just got in to this whole honda thing (i used to have a 2004 WV R32) and the hondas are fun corner huggers but in the hp part they lag, so i wana know whats best for upgrades.

i wana stay all motor.
so far i got K&N intake, magnaflow exhaust, and DC sports header. tranny swap is soon to come cuz i bought an auto like a dumbass.

what else can give me some pep for the single cam?

K20 or B16 may come soon.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
other than what you have already done, you could boost it.

If not, then just save up for a swap.

I'm not sure if you can drop a b16 into the 7th gen civics....

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
talk about downgrade :shock: At least you won't have nearly the amount of maintenance bills. A K series motor is going to be much easier to swap in then a B series on a 7th gen. I'm not sure if anyone even has swapped a B16 into an em2?

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
waste of time swapping a b16 in a 7th gen.

Swap the tranny, then get a better clutch, lighter flywheel, etc, and you'll see a little more pep :thumbs up

k20 swaps are a pretty nickle but worth it in the end, but it depends how deeep your pockets are willing to go, or credit card ;)

simpsonbuck3436

Efficiency Junkie
5+ Year Member
waste of time swapping a b16 in a 7th gen.

Swap the tranny, then get a better clutch, lighter flywheel, etc, and you'll see a little more pep :thumbs up

k20 swaps are a pretty nickle but worth it in the end, but it depends how deeep your pockets are willing to go, or credit card ;)
My credit card is in the pits of hell:evil:

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i have a 2098239048239048 limit on my card :cool:

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
K24A2 (TSX)

200hp 166ft lbs 6speed

all you have to do is figure out the throttle by wire. :lol:

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive had a 04 civic ex for about a year in june, and i just got in to this whole honda thing (i used to have a 2004 WV R32) and the hondas are fun corner huggers but in the hp part they lag, so i wana know whats best for upgrades.

i wana stay all motor.
so far i got K&N intake, magnaflow exhaust, and DC sports header. tranny swap is soon to come cuz i bought an auto like a dumbass.

what else can give me some pep for the single cam?

K20 or B16 may come soon.
it all depends on the amount of money you wanna spend and what you wanna accomplish. B swap is not legal in our 7th gens due to the age of the engine. Its older than our chasis so you may run into a problem down the road if you do that. as far as swaps the only engin (at the moment) that can be legally swaped into our cars is the K series (K20, K24 etc.)

If your looking into building the engine you have the D17a2. The best bang for your buck would be Nitrous, Nitrous Express, NOS, and ZEX from what I hear are very good..as long as you get the wet system.

If thats not an option you can go all out with rebuilding the engine, port and polish, individual throttle bodies, upraded ecu, tranny, injectors etc..but this will not produce that much HP compared to the amount of $$ you will spend.

Basically to get power and stay NA..swap is the only answer
If you dont have enough funds right now just concentrate on handling as 7th gen is awesome to drive when equiped w/ a good suspension set up.

Check out this guys build up on the D17 just in case you have not seen it yet pretty amazing..but rember this guy probably has about 18-20K invested into it

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1772982

hope this helps and good luck

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
NO B's ONLY K's

mad props on the tranny swap, u'r a smart man

techlogic31

5+ Year Member
id be pretty sick if someone found an efficient way that actually worked by swapping a b series. i think its gunna be one of the top swaps for almost all time

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
theres this guy here that CLAIMS he has an 01 em2 with a 01 gsr swap.. fully built turbo and the works.. i dont believe it though, he drives a ford aspire to the meets, and when we ask him where the car is at he just says, 'oh its a track car, i only get 14mpg so i dont drive it much'.. -__-''

simpsonbuck3436

Efficiency Junkie
5+ Year Member
theres this guy here that CLAIMS he has an 01 em2 with a 01 gsr swap.. fully built turbo and the works.. i dont believe it though, he drives a ford aspire to the meets, and when we ask him where the car is at he just says, 'oh its a track car, i only get 14mpg so i dont drive it much'.. -__-''
Smells like BS.......a Ford Aspire? What's inspiring about a Ford Aspire? lol

Hope81

5+ Year Member
theres this guy here that CLAIMS he has an 01 em2 with a 01 gsr swap.. fully built turbo and the works.. i dont believe it though, he drives a ford aspire to the meets, and when we ask him where the car is at he just says, 'oh its a track car, i only get 14mpg so i dont drive it much'.. -__-'

hahaha i could write a better bullshit story than that...you should tell him to load it onto a trailer and then bring it there so people can see it haha, see what he comes up with next

simpsonbuck3436

Efficiency Junkie
5+ Year Member
theres this guy here that CLAIMS he has an 01 em2 with a 01 gsr swap.. fully built turbo and the works.. i dont believe it though, he drives a ford aspire to the meets, and when we ask him where the car is at he just says, 'oh its a track car, i only get 14mpg so i dont drive it much'.. -__-'

hahaha i could write a better bullshit story than that...you should tell him to load it onto a trailer and then bring it there so people can see it haha, see what he comes up with next
Or maybe bring a picture?

Oh BTW, I have a Lamborghini in my garage....but I only drive it on my birthday=)

Hope81

5+ Year Member
Or maybe bring a picture?

Oh BTW, I have a Lamborghini in my garage....but I only drive it on my birthday=)

lmaoo...yea but anyone can steal a picturee, but if he takes the picture with him standing near it then mayybee a little believable haha...also i know you have a lambo in your garage, cause im the one who sold it to you on my birthday! :lol:

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^lol we call him to go out to the track all the time, he ALWAYS says he's got something else to do.. and sometimes he'll show up in the aspire, and we be likeee wheres your civic? and he was like oh i just finished whatever i had to do and came straight here..

we like to pick on him =)

Hope81

5+ Year Member
lmao...he lieing his ass offff...i wouldnt doubt if he has a civic but he prolly has nothin done to it but simple hopes and dreams lol

simpsonbuck3436

Efficiency Junkie
5+ Year Member
^lol we call him to go out to the track all the time, he ALWAYS says he's got something else to do.. and sometimes he'll show up in the aspire, and we be likeee wheres your civic? and he was like oh i just finished whatever i had to do and came straight here..

we like to pick on him =)
I can't stand people like that. Come original or don't come at all.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nah, i really just think he only drives a ford aspire.. ive never seen him driving a diff car.. oh well, it doesnt matter to me anyways..