Help! Having a really hard time deciding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sittingduck

I can't believe how many hatchbacks just popped up on craigslist!!!!!!!!
I have $5900 in hand. I have found several nice rides very recently, if someone can check them out and give me ANY advice, I would love to hear it.

http://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/2346150005.html
1992 honda civic hatch built - $6000 (northbend/coast) <--- more like a race car.

http://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/2346502486.html
1996 Civic EK Hatch Pics inside Low Miles! - $4800 (Eugene/Springfield) Looking at this one tomorrow.

http://roseburg.craigslist.org/cto/2344293918.html
1998 jam b16a Honda civic hatchback super clean - $5K (Roseburg) Looks nice

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/2345692345.html
1994 civic hb swap clean title wtt wts - $4200 obo (Oregon City) Also looks pretty sweet. This one and the one in Eugene look like the best drivers. The Eugene one is pretty stock, and would probably be the best daily driver. The northbend one is the gnarliest, has a roll bar, no back seat, battery in the trunk. The other two are kinda inbetween.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well it really depends on what you want. Do u want a race car, do you want a project car, do u want stock commuter, or do u want something with an engine that you can do the rest with. I'd personally go for the jdm b16a ek hatch but thats just cuz I'd want something I could still do some work on but not have to worry about the swap, or maybe even the stock one but thats just cuz I'd rather build it myself then buy it at this stage oof my youth lol.

sittingduck

I haul my 8 year old son around a lot, so I kind of need something semi practical.... Part of me wants the built car, but something tells me my wife will not approve. I want decent mileage too, so that's another mark against the yellow car.
It sure would be fun to have that fast ass car though.... torn. Part of me thinks the local car with low miles is best bet, nice stereo, no major mods, etc.
I guess I should probably look at the 3 slower cars, the fast one doesn't have a stereo, the back is stripped, etc.

sittingduck

One vote for the 96 EK and one for the 98 EK....
The 98 has a nice b16a... 96 has low miles and probably cleaner... still torn!
Will probably look at both.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey! another Oregonian lol begging to think i was the only 1 on CC, i vote the red 1 too, low miles suspension work..nice rims nice height sooo much anti theft great gas milage and its practical DD for having a kid because its not stripped. Also i love the SIR wrap around molding, buy far my fav ek body.

You can always swap it, but the red/white is better for that because its already hard as f**k to steal so it would better protect ur investment. i'd hate to see you buy the b16 and see it get stolen/stripped b4 you get kill switches and such

sittingduck

Hey! another Oregonian lol begging to think i was the only 1 on CC, i vote the red 1 too, low miles suspension work..nice rims nice height sooo much anti theft great gas milage and its practical DD for having a kid because its not stripped. Also i love the SIR wrap around molding, buy far my fav ek body.

You can always swap it, but the red/white is better for that because its already hard as f*** to steal so it would better protect ur investment. i'd hate to see you buy the b16 and see it get stolen/stripped b4 you get kill switches and such
This makes a good bit of sense... might as well go for the best shell, with the best interior, and anti-theft, plus the bonus dependability and mileage. I can always make a race car out of it someday if I choose to go that route.

:cool:

95EJ2

if i was to sat any i would say go with the last one the greenish blue hatch its still kind of a project and you can call it you own and you could take more pride in it

sittingduck

if i was to sat any i would say go with the last one the greenish blue hatch its still kind of a project and you can call it you own and you could take more pride in it
Yeah, the 94 EG does sound really good... called the number and the people that answered had no cars for sale. :shock:
We'll see if my email gets answered.
It's a couple of hours away from me, but better priced, and does sound like it's built nicely. Although, the b18b1 is not vtech, so it wouldn't be much faster than the stock EK.

emerican

Registered VIP
I would say go with the red one From all those pictures those swaps seem to have no ac at the least and may not have power sterring. If you have to haul around kids and such no ac would probably get old. You can always swap it yourself and there is enough not done to it so you can finish it and call it your own.

sittingduck

sittingduck you're avatar is siiick! i love it! EG all the way imo
Thanks. =)
Yeah, I need to test drive another car.... drove the EK with white wheels today, dude says he wont take less than 46hun, so I'm probably gonna pass. It didn't feel all that solid, had CEL on, SRS wasn't hooked up, it looked sweet, but didn't really call to me at that price. All the other rigs are out of town. :(

sittingduck

Another listing locally: http://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/2348503703.html 96 civic hatch lsvtec - $4200
I have a 96 civic hatch for sale...I just put together the lsvtec following the build a reliable lsvtec guide...the engine has about 12000 miles on the build...it has tein coilovers...si cluster...pilar gauges...awesome stereo(alpine and pioneer)...body is pretty clean but carbon fiber hood needs new shine...full exhaust...clean interior...and a few other mods...text me if you would like to look at it...it's blue with ls rims...has a chipped ecu and gets great gas mileage
Talking to the guy with the red/black Roseburg ek, set up a meet for Thursday -
98 hatch
146xxx on shell.
Clean oregon title.
Interior is nice.
si front seats and leather back.
JDM b16a 5 mill 170HP stock
perfect body . Clean in and out .
kyb adjustable gas shocks and coilovers.
ground control springs. All top of the line.
Asking 5000 Obo

Might look at this one tomorrow too:
has a swap, super clean. $4500 firm

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
.i like the yellow eg, but i dont liek the type r badging. And all that type r look alike and no type r seats, rims/5lug conversion or lip..idk about engine

sittingduck

.i like the yellow eg, but i dont liek the type r badging. And all that type r look alike and no type r seats, rims/5lug conversion or lip..idk about engine
Yeah, it's been for sale for months and months too... The dude selling it is buddies with some people I know though, and is straight up. I'm going to check it out.

Got a pic of the 96 lsvtec------

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol wtf is w/ all the damn ls meshies now i need new rims. when i left orgeon in 09 i was 1 of 2 civics i'd ever seen em on in oregon. every car you have posted has them on it lol. Guess at leas im the only 1 w/ white powdercoated? If you know the guy and know its history then id say go for it

sittingduck

Still looking. :(

The blue one pictured above wasn't too bad, tein suspension, nice motor, but the exterior was a bit rough, and it needed tires pretty bad. Still considering, but he may have sold it to someone that offered him 33 for it.

Hopefully looking at the 98 tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.