Help?....hid's and headlights

nosnibor2000

and being a 99 is no difference. mines a 97 did it exactly like his. Except I rock and painted everything :cool:
and incase you were wondering john im fixing my droopy shroud tomorrow lol

Which shroud did you get? it doesn't look like the gatling....

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Depending on how beat they are, you can restore them. If they just have a minor haze, they can easily be buffed, polished, and waxed.

:thumbs up to another retrofitter! I'm not a fan of the painted housing. It looks too much like eBay headlights to me :(. But I do want to paint mine to cut down on a little bit of scatter since the light coming out of the projector hits the chrome.
ever think about painting them white? or maybe a matte gray/silver?

Which shroud did you get? it doesn't look like the gatling....
E46R extended
Heres a pic with my droopy shroud which you can which you can make out the shroud

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ever think about painting them white? or maybe a matte gray/silver?

E46R extended
Heres a pic with my droopy shroud which you can which you can make out the shroud
I have, but again, I don't like that painted look. I prefer the stock look over anything. I just wish it didn't look so ghetto painted lol. At least IMO.

My projectors do the same thing. The passenger side one sits lower. But the cut off is fine and it doesn't bother me enough to want to fix it :lol:.

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have, but again, I don't like that painted look. I prefer the stock look over anything. I just wish it didn't look so ghetto painted lol. At least IMO.

My projectors do the same thing. The passenger side one sits lower. But the cut off is fine and it doesn't bother me enough to want to fix it :lol:.
Then gimme your retro if you like the stock look =)

And I am baking my headlight right meow to fix the problem for good :cool:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Then gimme your retro if you like the stock look =)

And I am baking my headlight right meow to fix the problem for good :cool:
:lol: Hell naw! I really want to upgrade from my DDM P&P kit to the Morimoto ballast and xb35 bulbs. But it's so expensive :(.

What are you doing to fix it? Just screwing in the reflector cone farther back and then re-adjusting the projector?

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks sick man! I too blacked out mine........and did a red pinstripe around the shroud. I freaking love the look of the black out housings........their more aggressive looking to me

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
Anyone got pictures if a retro on a 5th gen. I been thinking about doing it

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:lol: Hell naw! I really want to upgrade from my DDM P&P kit to the Morimoto ballast and xb35 bulbs. But it's so expensive :(.

What are you doing to fix it? Just screwing in the reflector cone farther back and then re-adjusting the projector?
Expensive and worth it! No my shroud is coming off the projector its self since the roads around here blow. I took it off and put some of the sealing glue on the sides and pushed it on. Did it to my drivers side and has work like a charm! Now I gotta re-aim it :lol: