Help I Have An Intake Question

civicswaph22

5+ Year Member
Hello I Am Doing A H Series Swap In My 97 Civic And Just Would Like To Know What Cold Air In Take Should I But To Fit Properly...........................

Thanks For The Help...............

Phantom Civic

Never Satisfied
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just order some mandrel bent 2.5" or 3" pipes, couplers, and a filter to fit it.

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
go look up AEM they should have some hybrid intakes custom for your setup...

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how about more importantly what STOCK air box will fit...

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what ever intake you deside get it for your car like you can get a 97 civic intake and itll fit the h22
or if you can get your hands on a stock airbox of a 99-00 si then use that and drop in K&N filter ;) right oc , just giving you credit this time :p

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cole said:
what ever intake you deside get it for your car like you can get a 97 civic intake and itll fit the h22
or if you can get your hands on a stock airbox of a 99-00 si then use that and drop in K&N filter ;) right oc , just giving you credit this time :p
thats what i would do personally.. :D

98civichx

SILVER EJ7
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i gots the k&n drop-in in my civic. i like it better than th aftermarket intake i had.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just curious but is there a diff b/t ex and si stock airbox tubing diameter?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
amej8 said:
just curious but is there a diff b/t ex and si stock airbox tubing diameter?
its funny you bring that up.. some say they dont fit.. i dont know if they are different.. but i have a spoon carbon kevlar resonator delete on my air box and its made for an SIR but fit perfectly... the concept behind an intake is ok.. but if you look at the factory setup it is more than adequite.. the tubing found on the bottom half (of at least the EX trim) acts to direct cold fresh air into the motor (like a CAI) also the tubing inside the intake is very smooth... throw in a good filter.. remove the resonator if you like.. and you would be good to go IMO.... plus the filter stays MUCH cleaner protected in that box away from dirt and engine heat.. 8)

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
its funny you bring that up.. some say they dont fit.. i dont know if they are different.. but i have a spoon carbon kevlar resonator delete on my air box and its made for an SIR but fit perfectly... the concept behind an intake is ok.. but if you look at the factory setup it is more than adequite.. the tubing found on the bottom half (of at least the EX trim) acts to direct cold fresh air into the motor (like a CAI) also the tubing inside the intake is very smooth... throw in a good filter.. remove the resonator if you like.. and you would be good to go IMO.... plus the filter stays MUCH cleaner protected in that box away from dirt and engine heat.. 8)
I wonder if i could do that with my d16y7...just take out the resonator and just leave in the part that takes in the fresh air......:what:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Genuine Rolla said:
I wonder if i could do that with my d16y7...just take out the resonator and just leave in the part that takes in the fresh air......:what:
just put a drop-in k&n filter and go to home depot and get a couple feet of that plastic flexible tubing and run it from the bottom of the filter box to the bumper corner

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Genuine Rolla said:
i THINK that with some creativity you could join a y7 throttle body to a y8 intake system.. but that elbow would be tricky...

My Intake...

ekshowciv

I'm in Japan Bitches!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc that is a pretty clean setup you have there. Like everyone else seys the Drop-in from K&N does the job. The Aftermarket stuff is just for asthetics, nothing more than that. When I had my EJ8 i did the resonator delete and dropped in a K&N and It was fine. Just remember to reset your ECU to see any real difference. You won't really see any difference until you do that.