Help: Installation of 3 Point Strut Bar - 6th Gen Civic

aeraiva

Dedicated Civic Owner
I'm about to purchase a Blackworks 3 Point Strut Bar and need a little guidance on how to install this into my 97 Civic HX.

Below is the picture of inside my bay (for now). And below that, the picture of the strut bar being purchased. When I looked at my bay, I couldn't see where that 3rd point would attach to on my car. I see one bolt sticking out but something is connected to it. The other possible hole is temporarily covered with a light piece of plastic. Like a clip covering a temporary hole. Is this potential hole what I would mount the 3rd point to? Well, that one and the one being used?

By the way, in the first image, I drew in the Strut Bar where it would go (obviously) and pointed out the two spots in question. I actually popped out the little white plug in the first "?" and there is indeed a hole there but it almost doesn't seem flush with the second "?". The one that has something attached to it already.

Thanks guys for your help in advance. If you need anymore info, I'll be more than glad to provide it.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
there are 2 threaded holes on the firewall that line up with where the bolts go through the strut bar. most of the time the holes have plastic plugs in them from the factory.

pull out the plugs and tada you now have your firewall mounting points. standard 10mm bolts fit it.

aeraiva

Dedicated Civic Owner
Well, I looked at it closer and though that first hole isnt threaded, I can always place a nut on the backside and it will work. The other hole, however, that is in use, has a bracket mounted to it with something attached and I'm not sure where or how I would relocate that. Picture below:

EDIT: Ah to hell with it. I can relocate whatever is in the way. And if need be, I can drill my ass some new holes. Why am I trippin? Too many hamburgers in my gut and I still smell like BBQ so I'm not thinking straight.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thread moved to appropriate forum.