Help Locate & install CMP..Pic's.!

JDMDRIVEREK

Hi Name is Anthony..
I drive a 2002 Honda Civic Si.
My car thru a code for my Cam Positioning Sensor.
I have the Sensor, But i dont not know how to proporly install the part.
If anyone can send or direct me to a diagram on How To.!
It would be highly appreciated..

here are pic's after I located the sensor. but i have recently realized this motor has two sensors.
the code thru bank1. but which one would be one ?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well you have a k-series engine, which is dohc, so it kind of makes sense that you have two sensors.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my guess would be the closest to the front of the car seeing how thats the intake cam and air inters first then exits. but im not 100% sure

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yea that sounds decent. Replace that one, and see if your car is still throwing the code. Its just one bolt and a clip. Doesnt involve much work.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea that sounds decent. Replace that one, and see if your car is still throwing the code. Its just one bolt and a clip. Doesnt involve much work.
yea without a clear cut code saying which one... just replace one and see if the code goes away.. if not.. swap it with the other one..

trial and error my friend.

and yea.. looks easy enough to change... and your f**king lucky! if you owned like a 6th gen or something.. youll be changing the entire distributor..

JDMDRIVEREK

Yeah i did. It weren't the first sensor, but it was the second sensor.i replaced it through process of elimination.
Took ten minutes.
& actually i OWN a 6th gen as well. haha, getting prepped for paint right now..

The Ep3 is my DD while the Ek get's ready for a swap & etc...

Crappy Cell phone pic. Outside of were I work,...

& this is my DD...