Help me solve this EM1 mystery

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wish I could help. I am VERY curious as to the answer for this. But wouldn't you be better off calling up Honda and talking to a service adviser (if you know one who is cool and not mean haha) and just ask them about it? Im not saying its the BEST idea, but an idea none the less. It could probably help to send you in the right direction to get your answer.

And a few years ago I had run into a site that had info on EVERY CAR ever produced. At the time I was looking for info on my dad's old Subaru Justy when I found it. Showed the total number of them built, sold, auctioned, and how many where registered to that day. Im trying to find it now as I wanna know the answer to this. If I find it I will PM you with the address.

Good luck on your findings NOFX

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Bump, bump, bump.

I'm not looking just for an idea of the number of cars produced.

1Lowcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Awesome project man :thumbup:, when I'll go home I'll PM you the info on my old EM1 that I sold, and is now totaled.. to add to the collection of EM1's with salvage titles, except this one is done for good I guess.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The connection that built my motor (Brent L @ PFI Speed in Ft. Collins, Co) has a SFWD car that, once upon a time, was an SI.

Link to pics of it here:

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2425815

I talked to him about it when we were out at Bandimere for world tuner (since i knew you were doing this) and he (unfortunately) has no info on the car anymore.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Okay, so I took the advice to call Honda up and guess what they said?

I tried contacting Honda about it. My local dealership had no idea, but pointed me to American Honda Motor Company in the hopes they might have some information for me. So I called American Honda, they took my information down and put me on hold. Then the woman came back on the line.

According to American Honda on 10-06-2009:
Lisa at American Honda Motor Co. said:
Honda does not release that type of information.
So yeah, nothing. Honda won't release the information. So if we want to know, we have to work to figure it out.

I'll clean the PM box out. I get a lot of PMs with people asking me random questions, so I usually prefer not to get too many PMs unless it's legitimate. I get way too many PMs where the person should just make their own thread.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Awesome project man :thumbup:, when I'll go home I'll PM you the info on my old EM1 that I sold, and is now totaled.. to add to the collection of EM1's with salvage titles, except this one is done for good I guess.
Any and all EM1 VINs are welcome, even if the car is gone for good. It's still information to add.

Thanks for the help. :thumbup:
The connection that built my motor (Brent L @ PFI Speed in Ft. Collins, Co) has a SFWD car that, once upon a time, was an SI.

Link to pics of it here:

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2425815

I talked to him about it when we were out at Bandimere for world tuner (since i knew you were doing this) and he (unfortunately) has no info on the car anymore.
Bah, too bad. That would have been neat to add to the list. Let me know if you end up finding anything out. That would be, by far, the most modified car on the list so far.
clean PM box, and ill send mine over!
I just checked and I have only 54 PMs where I can have 100.

Tam4511

Boost Fiend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gl with project, ill be anicipating the results!

98civikdx

98civik
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ill send you a PM with my EM1 info when I get a minute, sweet idea NOFX, I'll be following this one for sure.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well, it's not like I can or would make a lot of information available, but I can end up telling everyone about the general info (colors, production number ideas).

If I found someone saying they have the same VIN as someone else once had, I could tell the new owner, "Hey, your VIN already showed on my list, do you know who used to own it?" and tell the old owner, "Hey, someone else says they now own the car you used to own with the VIN such and such." Then put them in touch with each other if it's okay with all parties.

Unlikely that would ever happen though.

Oh, and I am beginning to think there might have been different production numbers for 1999 versus 2000.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Bah, too bad. That would have been neat to add to the list. Let me know if you end up finding anything out. That would be, by far, the most modified car on the list so far.
eh yea, its a wicked build and the engineering behind it is amazing. The whole front end is separate from the rest of the chassis, so instead of having wheelie bars, the rest of the car actually acts as a wheelie bar to the front end. (note shocks/heim joints behind the motor, in front of the firewall)

It's an f20c (s2k) mated to a powerglyde (2spd rwd tranny) and some sort of transfer case to power it as a FWD car.

Unfortunately hasn't made a pass down the track yet, but he's working on it. As it sits now he keeps having problems with the head falling apart under boost.

IIRC it made 860whp @ 7200rpm on boost alone before it dropped a valve, and the curve was still going straight up.

Next time I go up to his shop I'll talk to him and see if he would be interested in trying to find some info on it, I'm sure he will as he's always willing to help others.

FWIW: Found more pictures of the car.

It was Milano at one point:
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1951022&highlight=PFI

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not allowing messages to you NOFX. I found my purchase order paperwork for my old em1. pm me when your available to receive messages.

98civikdx

98civik
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Same here, have info on the EM1 I just sold and the one I just bought. If you still want EM1 info, let me know, couldn't send you a pm

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sorry, I'm not on this site very much as is. I am on Honda-Tech.com almost daily to daily. I always allow PMs there.

98civikdx

98civik
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay Pkay, I'll have to remember my login on there, haha. I'll get the info to you soon.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I can accept PMs here right now.

I'll probably turn it off soon though just because I tend to get off topic PMs on here, asking all sorts of random ass questions about topic I might have never even posted about before. It's already happened this time even.