help me

Cool

:cool: what up peoples. I am an avid civic fan. had an 08 si sold it awhile back. now i have an OG 2000 si. bought it with some boot leg mods on it.(such disrespect):(. Anyway, the si I have now needs some love. I plan on a full restore and build for it, but I need to drive it for awhile before I have a place to put it up. My code is showing because of an aftermarket exhaust the former owner put on. I know deleting the code wont work, it will just come back, so what do I do with the O2 sensor codes showing?. I was told Yband? or WideBand? what is it?, will it work? and how do I do it? Could you look out for your guy....:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

First, a few things:

1. You posted in the how-to section. We ask that all members take a couple minutes and read the rules we have listed. This section is for posting how-to's, and is NOT for asking questions. I'll move this to the correct section for you.

2. Please summarize your thread title with relevant information, such as make and model, and a brief description of your issue.

Now, on to the issue...

What's the CEL code that you're getting?

If it's O2 sensor related, just get a new normal (narrowband) one. You don't need a wideband sensor unless you're tuned and all that jazz.

If you're sure that an O2 sensor needs to be replaced, figure out which one it is. Stock motor will have 2 sensors, on, and a second before or after the catalytic convertor. Chances are with the aftermarket exhaust, the O2 sensor may not even be hooked up at all.