HELP!! n00b tryin to DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jibber

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i was trying to change my front brake pads and like a newb i unbolted the "banjo bolt" on the front right side which i think is the bolt for brake fluid. well anyways when i unbolted it, fluid started to drip out..after that my brake pedal just went right to the floor everytime i stepped on it. Can someone tell me what's the problem???

i think the problem is that air got into front right side of my car, if so, would i need to bleed all four sides or just that one side? Thanks

here is a reference picture:

DEVIN EM1

20D WHORE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bleed all four sides. I dont know the sequences off hand but, Im sure someone on here does ...

soswank

Dentist in the making
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bleed all four. it's going to be a b***h, but you need a friend to pump the pad while you make sure all the air is out. goo dluck.

RainyDaze

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just a note... Be careful when bleeding the brakes, you DO NOT want that fluid on the paint of your car. Check for any tears and/or wet spots on the brake lines also, especially at the points where the lines connect to the banjo bolt or other parts (usually the weaker areas of the rubber lines). You might have accidentally torn or crimped the line and fuild is draining or can't get to the brake(s).

Make sure you have enough fluid after bleeding the brakes. If you bleed too much out you might need to add more fluid. If bleeding them doesn't work.. there could be other reasons for the peddle dropping to the floor, at the moment I can't think of what the causes would be, but I can look some info up if needed. If I can find my books.... hehe I know they are here somewhere. Hope you get it fixed.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
anekin007 said:
the bleed sequence is RR, LF, LR, RF
actually i think it's supposed to be RR, LR, RF, LF, hence it starts at the furthest point from the master cyl and work your way from the the furtest point to the closest point to the MC.

ex96vtec

AWD Build In Progess
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tom said:
actually i think it's supposed to be RR, LR, RF, LF, hence it starts at the furthest point from the master cyl and work your way from the the furthest point to the closest point to the MC.
This is the order that your supposed to bleed it in. The other thing you can get is a speed bleeder that makes it go faster hence the name but it also allows you to do it with one person.

white2000

3 motors and 34k miles
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did you put the banjo bolt back in before you depressed the brake pedal?

Jibber

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wasn't trying to bleed my system when i unbolted it..so the pedal was never pressed...but i have bled the system and everything is fine now...thanks for the help guys

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
with taht said i'm locking it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.