Help, need A/C belt tighten and Front left lower motor mount replacement

Kuroyabumozu

Hi all,

I am new to the Civic, I have a 1995 Honda Civic MX built in Japan, I have replaced the A/C compressor, however, in order to install the A/C belt, I knew that we have to take off the front left lower mount to slide in our A/C belt, the question is isn't the bolt supposed to be a separate part from the the engine mount...? Not sure if I'm trippin or not or it just might've been a bad design lol I think, however, since I'm still new to the Civic, where can I tighten the A/C belt, and is there an interchangeable front left lower motor mount that I can buy?

Last edited:

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Hi all,

I am new to the Civic, I have a 1995 Honda Civic MX built in Japan, I have replaced the A/C compressor, however, in order to install the A/C belt, I knew that we have to take off the front left lower mount to slide in our A/C belt, the question is isn't the bolt supposed to be a separate part from the the engine mount...? Not sure if I'm trippin or not or it just might've been a bad design lol I think, however, since I'm still new to the Civic, where can I tighten the A/C belt, and is there an interchangeable front left lower motor mount that I can buy?
Check my signature and you can download the service manual for the 5th Gen Civic. For the AC belt adjustment there is a tension pulley that you adjust by turned an "Adjustment Bolt" which pushes the pulley into the belt to apply tension.