Help. Need Speed

NaptownHonda01

5+ Year Member
I just turned 16 a few months ago and I need to make my 97 EX coupe fast. I have already set her up with some new tail and head lights as well as 19" rims and a bangin system. However, I am disappointed to say that it's the slowest car I've ever seen. :cry: 127 horse just isnt my style. I want a turbo but idk how much $$ and mantinence $$ it's going to run me. If anyone can find a way to make my civic faster for around 800 please let me know ASAP. :lol:

ryanM

sell your 19"s and replace them with some 15"s or 16"s

with the extra money you just saved and that $800 piece together a turbo kit.

getting rid of the 19"s alone with make you faster.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Slowest car you've ever seen huh? never saw a geo metro, or a daewoo lanos?

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
huge rims are pointless to me honestly. A decent set of 15s or 16s with a good set of tires and a nice drop would look ten times better than a set of 19s with no drop. With rims that big you prolly wont be able to drop the car much if at all unless you do some serious fender rolling and remove the fender linings or something. I'd say just swap some smaller rims on it and do some suspension work to get a nice drop and then keep it clean. If you do it right you'll be more satisfied in the long run. Its fun making more power, but it takes a few things, mainly time and money.

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont mean to be an ass but I dont think i want you to be going fast. If you just turned 16 you should get a few years under your belt before attempting the fast and furious s**t. Young people with fast cars= alot of funerals, higher insurance ect. Heres some inspiration to slow down.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i hope you are joking about your current "mods"....if not, sell that crap. you can piece together a cheap turbo kit for around $1000 if not cheaper. learn what you need to look for and what you need for your goals and piece it together yourself

TheWingMang

Good news everyone!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your 19s and 'bangin system' are a lot of dead weight. Thats part of the problem.

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well you are never going to be fast. You spend you money on the wrong things like other said.
Banging system = Not Fast
19's what 19's = Not Fast
Are you serious on the 19's. How do they fit I thought 17's were big and ugly, wow. Pics please.
New heads and tail = Not Fast.

Sell the wheels and get some light 16's. Take time, and work a little. Save some money and turbo it.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't listen to some of these haters. Make your car as fast as it can go and push it as hard as you can right off a cliff. Just so no one else cant get hurt but yourself.

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bizoneoeh said:
Don't listen to some of these haters. Make your car as fast as it can go and push it as hard as you can right off a cliff. Just so no one else cant get hurt but yourself.
Hater, lol.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:werd:

to all what they have already said.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Don't listen to these flamers.

Sell the 19's. You'll be saving plenty of weight = faster and get smaller rims = even faster. Now use the money you have now along with the money you'll have left over from selling your rims and buying new ones and piece together a turbo kit. That's the easiest way to go fast.

http://www.homemadeturbo.com. Go there and read and learn. Also go to http://www.honda-tech.com and use the big red button in the upper right and search and read and learn more. You can safely turbo a stock honda motor and not run into problems as long as you run a low amount of boost (ie - 6-7psi which will still make you considerably faster).

Drackonn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get some nawwwwsssss!!! ... sorry I had to ... now on a serious note

everythiing said above is what you wanna do ... some smaller wheels = less rotating mass, and piece together a turbo kit ... =)

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
this kid's 16 years old. he doesnt need fast, he needs tuning maturity, possibly even some physical and mental maturity. the mod list includes some dead weight, more weight, altezza tails and angel eye projectors. i forsee neons and chrome window tint in the immediate future. he wants to go fast but he doesnt want to loose his wagon wheel rims or his 100lb sub box... sure he may piece together a turbo kit for 800 but theres still labor and tuning. when it all blows up he'll have 2700lbs of music thumping goodness permanently parked in the driveway wondering where it all went wrong

*EDIT*
JUST PROVES ME CORRECT
NaptownHonda01 said:
Yo. Are neons a good idea? What do you all think about blue underbody neons for a Black 97 EX

Scorchsta

huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Mugenkid18 said:
this kid's 16 years old. he doesnt need fast, he needs tuning maturity, possibly even some physical and mental maturity. the mod list includes some dead weight, more weight, altezza tails and angel eye projectors. i forsee neons and chrome window tint in the immediate future. he wants to go fast but he doesnt want to loose his wagon wheel rims or his 100lb sub box... sure he may piece together a turbo kit for 800 but theres still labor and tuning. when it all blows up he'll have 2700lbs of music thumping goodness permanently parked in the driveway wondering where it all went wrong

*EDIT*
JUST PROVES ME CORRECT

LOL

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
naptown, congratulations. you just made it to my sig

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wow why are you flaming on the kid so much? I bet you were once like that too when you were young. :thumbdown for negativity and a completely useless/unhelpful post.

Giving the kid realistic advice and telling him he should learn more about cars before just throwing stuff on is one thing... But degrading him just because he adds what he wants because he likes it isn't right :???:.