Help Needed Civic Racing Engine Identification

4gcivic69

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bizoneoeh said:
Nope, you can run like 10psi or a little more with a really good tune ;)
well i was just tellin him the safe info i knew if it was me i wouldnt run anymore than 7 psi on stock internals but thats just me

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
....so...what engine does he have?

it threw me for a sec, i thougt he had a b18....

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TippinOver said:
....so...what engine does he have?

it threw me for a sec, i thougt he had a b18....
he has a d15b? the b18b was posted as an example of what to look for....if you look at who posted the b18 it wasnt the OP

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
4gcivic69 said:
well i was just tellin him the safe info i knew if it was me i wouldnt run anymore than 7 psi on stock internals but thats just me
that's coO dude, I'm running 8psi right now and plan to up it to like 10lbs or so. I also have stock internals :D

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bizoneoeh said:
that's coO dude, I'm running 8psi right now and plan to up it to like 10lbs or so. I also have stock internals :D
stolle(has not been on for a long time) is running around 11psi with an IHI RHB5 on a stock d15 and it takes it like a champ

hundredwatt

5+ Year Member
Well, I was told that the engine came from jasper and was upgraded with forged internals and a cam, then I started finding the SKN stickers and wasn't sure what to make of it along with having japanese writing on all the stickers and what not. I do know that I ran a 10.8 in an eighth a couple days ago with the clucth slipping really bad. It is every bit as fast on takeoff as a b16 si with an aem v2 and catback and that was with the badly slipping clutch. Does anyone on here know what SKN is? And Can anyone tell me at what rpm does a d15b start damaging itself. Thanks ya'll. And if any of ya'll are in Crossville at the I-40 Dragway look for my hot green Civic and it's huge wing on the back.

o0kuam0o

Master of Ceremonies
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hundredwatt said:
Well, I was told that the engine came from jasper and was upgraded with forged internals and a cam, then I started finding the SKN stickers and wasn't sure what to make of it along with having japanese writing on all the stickers and what not. I do know that I ran a 10.8 in an eighth a couple days ago with the clucth slipping really bad. It is every bit as fast on takeoff as a b16 si with an aem v2 and catback and that was with the badly slipping clutch. Does anyone on here know what SKN is? And Can anyone tell me at what rpm does a d15b start damaging itself. Thanks ya'll. And if any of ya'll are in Crossville at the I-40 Dragway look for my hot green Civic and it's huge wing on the back.
on stock internals / head, you will see damages quickly if you take it to 7000 rpm repetitively. 7500 is what the motor can take. but if you consistently drive it to the redline, s**t will start to go bad.

hundredwatt

5+ Year Member
Thank you for finally telling me what it can take. My Rev limiter hits at 7200 and I shift as close to that as possible. I've driven it like that for 3000 miles and it still doesn't use oil. My gears are kinda tall so that's why I was wondering if I could push it to 8000 or not. I use to rev my grand prix with a 2.8 v6 to 8000 all the time and it never went kaboom. Besides that I've never reved anything over 6000. In a d15b at what rpm does the power start to drop?
But what is SKN? Anyone?
Also the front clip is different from the fronts of any other civic that i've seen, It has a Denso cooling system, Denso Plugs, and there is japanese on everything under the hood. The "do not open hot" warning is even in Japanese. Do normal usdm civics have jap writing on the brake fluid cap, clutch fluid cap, power steering fluid bottle, radiator cap, engine, transmission. Like I said, I've not owned another civic so I don't have a clue here.

TenzoMonk

Lick your back on it
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not sure what SKN is... perhaps its a product code, etc? SKU = stock keeping unit... so perhaps it's similar... :what:

b16bang

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow you guys are so mis informed... dude go to d-series.org. best help you can get for your engine, VERY good info on there... and check out homemadeturbo.com as well. Good info, u can get about 12psi on stock internals SAFELY.

TenzoMonk

Lick your back on it
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just saying something like "your car can handle XX PSI" is not the best advice anyways. the amount of PSI you can get on stock internals will all depend on the type of turbo, the setup, etc.

besides... hang out in the FI forum... that will be your best source of info from this site.

kdxrider9262

5+ Year Member
If i were you I would still run stock internals with 1000cc injectors, 40PSI with a 3 inch down.....and a good tune....thatst just me though :shock: :shock: :shock: