HELP... not going into boost. . .

Slept-n

The Walking Punchline ;-)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i drove my car for the first time in a while last night i let it warm up for like 30 minutes before so. i drove it and just did a 2nd gear pull, no down pipe yet i just wanted to see where the waste gate spring was at. the entire time i ran it there boost gauge did move, and BOV did go off which left me scratching my head just about all night. . . what are some things that could cause it not to go into boost. . . all i coudl hear between shifts was the turbo unspool

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so you dont hear the tubro spooling or feel it? Maybe your gaguge is busted :what:

Slept-n

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it's a brand new cobalt boost gauge, i checked it it's hooked up. i didn't even feel the boost it was a total let down man :(

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Make sure your turbo will spin. Little more info on your setup would help out.

Phantom Civic

Never Satisfied
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How hard did you mash the gas? A big turbo will not spool unless driven hard.

Is the fire ring in the wastegate? All charge pipes tight?

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How does a turbo sound when it unspools? Maybe a major boost leak or not enough boost. How much psi do you have the wg set at and what size turbo do you have? That s**t happened to me and it was a boost leak right at the flange.

Phantom Civic

Never Satisfied
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I didn't boost one time and I found out the turbo had come loose from the manifold and was hanging from one bolt... :oops:

Slept-n

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it's a 57 trim .62 a/r ebay turbo t3/t4 oil inlet flange has built in oil reducer. i dunno what the PSI is set at :( when i bought it i asked the guy who i bought it from what PSI is was at and he didn't know he never installed it to find out. i opened it up and it had a small all green spring in there. still leaves me pondering tho all pipes are tight just checked it.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude, you have to feel the boost and if you don't then something's wrong like a mofo. Even when I had a boost leak my gauge would spool up to like 4psi. When I had a leak, everything looked all tightend up but you could see the soot from where exhaust coming out but you say you're bov is going off so I'm confused. So I'll just leave it to the expertx I guess.

Take a vid :what:

Slept-n

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i just did another test ride :( errrr this is pissing me off it sounds like it's gonna f**king cut off cuz of lack of fuel it's got 550cc injectors in it. the ECU is a chipped P28 tuned with uberdata. VTEC engages at 5500. this makes absolutely no sense :( no BOV no boost at all the turbo spins, exhuast is coming out. but not one single difference in power. . . this is really pissing me off.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Slept-n said:
i just did another test ride :( errrr this is pissing me off it sounds like it's gonna f**king cut off cuz of lack of fuel it's got 550cc injectors in it. the ECU is a chipped P28 tuned with uberdata. VTEC engages at 5500. this makes absolutely no sense :( no BOV no boost at all the turbo spins, exhuast is coming out. but not one single difference in power. . . this is really pissing me off.
I don't know too much about uberdata and other programs like that but aren't you supposed to know how much psi you're running tho? 550's seem kind of big to me but I don't know as much as some of these foO's on here. The only thing I can think of is that your turbo is f**ked.

Slept-n

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i took a short vid now i'm gonna load it on my myspace hopefully someone can help me out, it's the strangest thing ever, i've dumped every paycheck into my car and it SHOULD be running like a normal turbo car. i think the lack of fuel is becus of no o2 sensor.

Slept-n

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i checked the waste gate just now and the valve seemed like it didn't do anything so i replaced it with a completey different spring, a big fat red one. i tried to build boost right off the bat but to my efforts nothing. . . i'm thinking about removing it and blocking it off, that should build boost if it doesn't then the turbo is f**ked for no apparent reason. i'm trying to avoid driving it up and down the road.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does it spool at idle?? take the charge pipe off and put your hand over the outlet (that your ic piping is connected to) and have someone rev the motor to see if your getting any air pushed out

Slept-n

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
she does spool i can feel air come out of the BOV