Help on coilovers please!

enzorubinich

just emailed both progress and function form to hear what they have to say about each other..i will post the email as soon as it get them..

ek forever guy

Registered VIP
I'm patiently looking forward to hearing a national news story about a 17 year old causing a 6 car wreck with 9 fatalities because he was vroom vrooming his economy car around a corner too fast and hit a mini-van head on.

Keep that s**t on the track. I can't believe this website lets people openly discuss driving stupid on the street. It's such a bad idea, and ultimately can even be a liability for the owners of the website. I had 2 friends killed by idiots driving stupid on street. One a motorcyclist got hit by some drag racing kids, and the other T-Boned by some guy driving his mustang WAY too fast on an "empty" country road.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Unfortunately, this is a public forum and we can't stop people from saying what they want to say. We (or at least me) don't encourage people to discuss "street racing" or do it in general. I don't see how we (or Jay Jay) can be liable if we're not encouraging anything. That's like saying Rosie O'Donnell should blame her fork for being fat. We've all done it at some point in our life.

enzorubinich

im not planning on street racing...my brother has gotten in enough trouble. just watching both my parents and my brother suffer for almost two years to pay off tickets, im not trying to put my family in that postion again..

enzorubinich

also...i work hard to pay for everything on my car and my car, theres nothing wrong with having a lowerd car.. just some people dont realize that driving is not a joke and you can kill people. yes the roads are curvy, i live in a area where there are lots of rural roads. why is it bad to have a car that is fun to drive?

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
also...i work hard to pay for everything on my car and my car, theres nothing wrong with having a lowerd car.. just some people dont realize that driving is not a joke and you can kill people. yes the roads are curvy, i live in a area where there are lots of rural roads. why is it bad to have a car that is fun to drive?
Yeah I'm a little confused myself as to why that subject came up...

enzorubinich

he saying that im going to street race and kill people...and how he looks forward to seeing my death on the news...f**king a*****e..its assholes like this who give civics bad reps..why the hell are you on a honda forum if your so against anything about inproving the way your car handles..and also mommy and daddy dont pay for ANYTHING...if i go out and wreak my car...guess whos paying for it??? me!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont worry about it, i've heard that PMS happens once a month

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dont worry about it, i've heard that PMS happens once a month
I actually just changed my tampon.

But on a serious note, everyone knows street racing is stupid. Like I've said, we've all done it at one point in our lives. Or driven recklessly. ek forever's post was random and not necessary. No one was even talking about street racing so I have no idea why it was mentioned.

So let's all hold hands, sing Kumbaya, and get back on topic! :thumbs up

Last edited:

ek forever guy

Registered VIP
Many apologies. I read the first post and assumed he was very much like me when I was that age:

enzorubinich said:
im 17 i got a 97 honda civic dx. im looking to buy coilovers with in a month or so. ive been doing my research and asking friends and so far here are my top choices my car is semi gutted out, im want something that handles and i can go low. im going for a auto cross/ daily driven and can go low as f***. i have no intend for taking it to the track but the roads around me are nice and curvy so i want something that is fun to drive
I stand behind everything I said. I've lost two friends to "kids having fun on the street."

I totally understand the idea of having a car that's fun to drive, I have a car that is exactly that and I drive it on the street every day. However, I also never speed, (not since I was 16 and got a very expensive ticket) and have never street raced.

Just trying to give you a little advice, albeit not the nicest way to go about it.

When I was a kit I spent all my hard earned money trying to make my car cool, instead of saving that money so that I could pay for my first year of school. There is far more to life at 17-19 than having a "cool car."

enzorubinich

what ever dude its cool dont sweat it.....why cant i make a new thread? im trying to make a build thread and its saying that i dont have the permission? anyway anyone here have a write up to do a minor wire tuck? headlight harrness, washer stuff and what ever else...also is there a way to do it with out cutting the wires or extending them? im just looking to do a SUPER basic one to clean up my bay alittle more....