Help on repairing oem front lip...

2k5civic

i hate imports...! siiike
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What is the best way i can repair a oem polyurethane 99 si front lip with major rubs and scraps? Maybe some sanding down and coating some primer? Its currently blue but im going to be painting it black to install on my EM2. All input is welcome. Thanks.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Um, do you mean EM1? Or are you really trying to fit it to a 7th Gen?

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
im sure he's talking about an EM2 because i heard they fit with a little modification.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would assume sanding with some heavy grit would be your best bet. thats what i did when i got mine. i think i did 300 grit or something like that.

Milano01

Old School CC.com'er
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Um, do you mean EM1? Or are you really trying to fit it to a 7th Gen?
it could work, i know when i ordered my Mugen front lip for my EG sedan it was stamped for a 99-00 Si which we all know is the EM1 and it fit perfectly. so who knows.

as for the OP yeah, i believe high grit sandpaper should work and since your painting it i'd say go for it. 300 should work fine.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
300-400 should be good, use some high build primer if you can. then wetsand the primer with 800...then spray on the base and clear.

2k5civic

i hate imports...! siiike
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks guys for input on repairing the front lip. And to EK|B yes the EM1 oem lip fits the EM2. With a little muscle it fits on perfect.