HELP! Subwoofer Installation

vicaiousjake

I have a 2011 Honda Civic.
Buying a Set of Alpine Type R's and Kenwood amp from a friend.
2 12" Type R's and Kenwood amp with a box, for 175.
First off is this a good deal? I haven't bought them yet and know very little about them.
Second question is when wiring to the battery where can i get through the firewall.
Not sure where to find a hole because I definitely do not want to drill through.
Thanks!

Jtac616

Type rs are the best subs for the money. I have 2 of them and you can hear me for miles. What are the specs on the amp? And the easiest way to get theough the fire wall is to look for a rubber gromet near the battery and just pop it out, there should be a nice hole behind it. If you cant find any then you will be forced to drill a hole which usually isnt very difficult as long as you have the right tools

.c2

There's a rubber plug to the left of the brake/clutch pedal inside the cabin, you're probably going to have to stick your head under there to look for it. Just pry that thing off, drill a hole in the rubber plug and run your power wire through the plug. Then stick the wire into the hole and it'll come out of the opening in the top right corner of the engine bay. You might have to peel back the fender liner to pull the wire from the hole in the firewall to the top of the engine bay.