HELP! Think my clutch went out?!

LTDirty

I have a 2001 Honda civic ex. D17.
Stage 1 exedy racing clutch with over 200k on it.

For about the past week or two I noticed a ticking noise when accelerating and decelerating.
Honestly sounded like something was just flapping in the wind so I didnt think anything of it. Figured I'd wait till it gets warm to mess with it. If i was cruising on a flat road it wouldnt make the noise.
So im on the highway, cruise set at about 70mph. It's making the ticking noise.. Then it turns into a grinding crunching noise. Turn cruise off and give it a little more throttle and it has like no power. I push the clutch in and it dies immediately. Doesnt even idle down, just completely dies. I let go of the clutch while still in 5th and it
grabs and starts back up and I can still drive it. I can accelerate but it feels like im pulling a 2 ton trailer with it..
And because its taking so much for it to pull, it starts to over heat.

Has Full synthetic oil (less than 2k)
And I had good oil pressure the whole time.

I pulled off the highway and it died of course. Let it cool down for probably 30 minutes. I start it back up, (barely starts, almost like its still in gear but it wasnt. Barely turned over) Got it running and Got off the
nearest exit and came to a light, It dies again and i try starting it back up and it wont even turn over now.
Still have power and everything it just wont even turn over now. Whats wrong with my car? The clutch?
Fly wheel?

When it started making that noise, and i pushed in the clutch.. it felt like it was grinding and crunching. like.. the pedal was. Wasnt making any noise though. Just felt like it. And it went in gear fine aswell. and still does. and shifted like normal.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Clutch or flywheel won't cause a vehicle to not "turn over".

LTDirty

Clutch or flywheel won't cause a vehicle to not "turn over".
My mechanic has told me that its some kind of crank shaft bearing. He recommends me to have a second opinion. But he said either way it'll be cheaper to buy a new engine. Or low mileage engine. So the search is on!