help tuning up

mastashea20

5+ Year Member
so i am sick of my low gas milage of 170-190 on a full tanks so i plan to do the following, change me spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, distributor rotor and thinking about getting a new fuel filter and a new aem air filter for my ebay sri.

if i were to do this would it help me improve gas milage i am trying to reach around 300 miles off a full tank i have heard of people getting 350 on a d16y8 so i plan to get my numbers up there.

where should i buy these parts from and should they be oem or what? i just really want to get my milage up and everything.

along with this i plan to use some seafoam and see what will happen from that.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do you have any Check Engine Lights right now?

mastashea20

5+ Year Member
i couldnt tell you i just purchased the car 9 months ago.... but on thats website u showed me i cant seem to find oem plugs or wires

Ninjeff

The brake is on the right
5+ Year Member
Also, i've heard that changing the PCV valve will help with MPGs as well. They are only about $3 at your parts store, and i'll be changing mine tomorrow. But it doesnt look that hard.

RonJ

Banned
4 spark plugs are needed:

20282 011 004 SPARK PLUG (ZFR5F-11) (NGK) 2.24

This includes all 4 plug wires:

20271 005 001 WIRE, IGNITION (PRESTOLITE WIRE) 56.69

mastashea20

5+ Year Member
iite got it all and it is gonna cost me 115 with s+h, and this will deff help my mpg or what, because if not that big of increase i would rather just buy my new lowering springs =)

ibemike

5+ Year Member
Would you rather have a gas guzzler or lowering springs? Spend the money fixing your car.

Solsykness

5+ Year Member
Should have done all this nine months ago when you bought your car. It's imperative to keep up with stuff like this.

Ninjeff

The brake is on the right
5+ Year Member
yea dude, better fix stuff.

No good to have a low and sexy car that doesnt run because you didn't keep up on maintnence.