help with all my engine codes

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well wtf i was driving on the freeway 5 mins with the ac on, then i turn it all off and sit at a light for a minute, and as im accelerating up a gentle hill around 3k rpms, the cel comes on. crap so i just drive it home, it feels no different so i know its not a severe problem, then i plug in my trusty ebay code reader. it gives these codes. im not sure how to read them... but i did find the last code in the thread here its for vtec malfunction!

coded

-01-
-02-
-03-
1259 (vtec system malfunction)

now are those first 3 codes supposed to be read like 0100 for 01 like that? if so i have some serious issues. any help would be nice cause i normally have a very well maintained car that runs great.

ps. i had the oil changed and put new plugs in about a month ago and had no issues until now. nothing has been changed except dash lights color a week ago. i got gas yesterday from the usual mobil and i drove around quite a bit before now without problem.

when i turn the car to ON, the cel stays on like normal and then before going off it flashes a few times. and then it only gave the first 3 codes.

my oil level is above full, im not sure if that would cause this problem, its been like that for a month tho.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes too much oil is bad. fix that then see if u still have problems.

2nedhnda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it would have to be alot above full to give this kind of problems. I would take it to autozone or something and have them use their diagnostic equip to read the codes and see if you can get any more info out of them.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well its at least vtec malfunction. idk why all of a sudden it would just happen. ive been driving all over and nothing happened before. i would think if the oil was too much it wouldve happened when i first got the oil change and not a month later. i reset the codes, drove it and the light came back on going up another small hill. i reset it again and it feels like the engine doesnt have as much power.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
correct the oil problem. too much oil will result inthe car having less power

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they fixed the oil level, but the light still came on the first time i brought rpm between 3-4k. so now im stuck driving under 3k or the light comes on and causes power loss and laggy shifting. oh and on top of this, sometimes my car doesnt start anymore. it just keeps cranking and i finally have to give up and try again until it on. new battery and plugs, new oil, good gas, etc. no reason why these things should be happening. Im gonna check the solenoid filter today hopefully its just dirty (but it shouldnt be).

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i opened the solenoid and cleaned it up altho it wasnt really dirty. then pushed on the button a few times and put it back together. so far no light coming on... we'll see. maybe the solenoid is getting stuck?

drove another 5 gallons of gas tonight flooring it and also slower driving above 3k, no light at all. hoping this is over.