Help With an O2 sensor

Chadley90

5+ Year Member
hey guys, i just got my 92 civic hatch VX. when i got the car the o2 sensor was broken off. but in the back of the car a nother sensor 4 wires. but no plug. so i went to the junk yard and found the other end of it. but i got home and had the o2 sensor all wired to the new junk yard plug. and i couldnt find where the plug went in the car. there is this larger plug and in the back of the car also was the plug that fit into that it has 5 wires coming out of it. if anyone can help me out it would be great. thanks alot

sincivic_vx

5+ Year Member
Vx's have 5 wire O2 sensors. You're gonna have to get a NGK 5 wire O2 sensor. They are expensive though. I've heard alot of people say that a bosch 5 wire will work, but they won't. All they do is make the cel light go off, and they don't last long at all.

If you care about getting 40+mpg then get the NGK.
If you care about the cel light going off and nothing else then get the bosch.

Chadley90

5+ Year Member
how many mpg will i be gettin now? or with the bosch?

sincivic_vx

5+ Year Member
i don't know. There are other factors. There is a forum called gassavers.org, alot of people on there know alot about vx's you should check it out.

Chadley90

5+ Year Member
i just picked one up. but thanks for the help. another question i have is my shifter is very hard to move. i was told it was the linkage are there any tips i could use to make it less hard?

o0kuam0o

Master of Ceremonies
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Change your tranny oil. If you're saying its hard to get the tranny into gear, its most likely not your linkage or bushings. The most common mistake is people who need to add or change their tranny fluid.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Change your tranny oil. If you're saying its hard to get the tranny into gear, its most likely not your linkage or bushings. The most common mistake is people who need to add or change their tranny fluid.
thats true. i was just thinking that it goes into gear just doesnt slide there easily.

Chadley90

5+ Year Member
ya i just changed the tranny fluid liek a day ago. the car was sitting for a long time before i got it.