Help with going negative camber

Civic352

I am trying to get prepared for a few shows coming up and right now I am running like no camber in the front or back. I want to get my si lowered more for the show but how much negative camber should I go without my tires going bald in a month lol ?? It is also my daily driver so I want to have it lowered and set at a height...

I am on skunk2 coilovers also...

I have ingalls camber adjusters in the back and they will work fine, I just don't know how much negative to go and have 0 toe...

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Have you gotten an alignment after you installed your coilovers? You're lowered already which means you should definitely have negative camber in the front, esp if you don't have camber plates. You just may not be able to see just by looking at it. I'm assuming if you had an alignment done after the suspension and rear camber kit was put in that the rear camber is ok.

If you lower your car more, you'll get more negative camber, how much depends on how much lower you go. Which without camber plates in the front, you're probably pushing the limits.

Get front camber plates if you want to lower your car more. After everything is installed and lowered, get an alignment. Any changes you make to your ride height after will require re-alignment.

Civic352

Well in the front I do have ingalls camber bolts.... so I think im not running any camber in the front. already had the alignment done about 2 months ago.. but im wanting to run some neg on it and get another alignment before the next shows in april... and just leave it.

-2.5 camber should be ok.. with 0 toe

ek forever guy

Registered VIP
You don't want 0 toe. You want about .05 total out in the front, and .03-.05 in in the rear.

A perfect 0 makes the steering heavy and the car feels loose on the highway.