Help with HID Decision

TilhasBB

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I want to help out a buddy with vision problems at night. He has a 99 Civic EX. I've changed his bulbs to Ge Nighthawk and Osram Night Breaks +90% but still not good enough. So its HID time.

In Canada we have DRL (Daylight Running Lights) Which is the high beams on low power during the day.

I am thinking of getting him a 6000k Bi-Xenon HID kit with Relay.
Probably this one
H4 Hi/Lo Bi-Xenon Telescopic HID Conversion Kit 3K-12K
or
H4 50W 55W HID Conversion Xenon Kit 3000K 6000K 10000K
or
9004 Bi-Xenon Hi/Lo Tilt HID Conversion Kit 4300K 6000K

I have 3 Questions.
1) What happens in the day when DRL are on? (Turning them off isn't an option, its illegal not to have them in Canada)
2) What is the difference between Telescopic, Tilt and Regular HIDs ??
3) Which one of the 3 ebay links are best?

Thanks in advance!

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok if I am not mistaken the highs will still be like regular bulbs and your lows will be the hids and I never heard anything about the tilt or telescopic ever first time I ever heard of it but I imagine its about the beam patteren I would go for the middle one you listed. and if you have anymore questions you should ask one of our sponsers here named meng motorsports they have great prices. And awesome customer service.

Red_EK

5+ Year Member
A buddy of mine put HIDs from sharphid.com into his Dodge SX 2.0, unfortunately for him he was only able to get the low beams as he has two seperate bulbs for high and lows. Great news for us is that we have the bi-xenon bulbs.

Anyways, when this guy turned on his car and the DRLs came on I believe it was his HIDs...

Good luck.

TilhasBB

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks guys. I am going to be checking the prices now.

ekblack97

5+ Year Member
Guys just checking regarding HId kits just bought a kit brand name Helligkiet, after installing found out that the hid are only on lo's and hi's are a regular bulbs is it really like this cause im was thinking its gonna be the same hid on hi/lo?

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
What?

The hi/lo feature is one bulb with two filaments inside the bulb. When you have DRL's, it's nothing more then the low beam being turned on as soon as you start the car; what always happens in this case with DRL lights. If you get the hi/lo bulb that has an HID bulb with a regular halogen bulb on top - you got ripped. That s**t is old school.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Be sure that you really did get the legit Hi/Lo system, like what I have.

I have found that those have the best beam pattern and light output when using the stock headlights.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What?

The hi/lo feature is one bulb with two filaments inside the bulb. When you have DRL's, it's nothing more then the low beam being turned on as soon as you start the car; what always happens in this case with DRL lights. If you get the hi/lo bulb that has an HID bulb with a regular halogen bulb on top - you got ripped. That s**t is old school.
Like mine :-/ bulbasaur.