Help with my 1991 honda civic cx hatchback

Joshreid

5+ Year Member
I'm new to engines and engine mods and stuff, I just got my a CX a little while ago and I love it
driving standard cars rules and I've always been interested in tuned cars.

Recently though, owning my first car I've decided to get into it and learn a few things. I'm completely new to it and have recently started looking around under the hood and doing basic things like oil changes and s**t like that.

I'm wondering what exactly are the specs on the 1991 civic cx motor
5 speed 1.5L right? but what engine is it exactly.

and what type of engine swaps would be very easy to make, like say a vtec with tranny
or a JDM with tranny, just something that all I would need to purchase is the engine and mounts.
Which models will fit in my car.

thanks for the help

you can throw in any other facts I should know about my car to if you want haha
im a begginer but once I set my mind to something I'll usually figure things out and get the research done.

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
welcome! browse around a bit and you'll find some good info

put some pics up too

Joshreid

5+ Year Member
welcome! browse around a bit and you'll find some good info

put some pics up too
thanks and ya I'll definitely throw some pics up.
Need to do some body work and tinting my windows soon to.

hopefully those questions I asked get awnsered soon: =)

yellowbone12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
welcome to the honda game.... like what the other member said "honda tuning book" is a great start.. it has so much info it will give you a good idea of what to do next...

Joshreid

5+ Year Member
thanks a lot everyone, here is the pics I said I would post

anddd I've been looking around and I guess a B18 would be a good engine and all I would need are motor mounts pretty much right?

aznsk8rboii

A Fiend
5+ Year Member
eh....u need a bit more. if im not mistaken youll need axles for one, an obd0-obd1 conversion harness, a custom shift linkage. motor tranny...idk im sure theres more....an ecu?

anyone else have anything to add?

jakeshatchzc

5+ Year Member
what is in your car is a d series engine ( i believe a d15b1) the easiest swaps to do will be to stay with a d series engine ( zc, jdm d15b, d16y8, ect)
in order to go b series ( b18, b16) you will need new tranny shift linkage mounts and axles.
And depending on the engine might have to know how to weld

Joshreid

5+ Year Member
what is in your car is a d series engine ( i believe a d15b1) the easiest swaps to do will be to stay with a d series engine ( zc, jdm d15b, d16y8, ect)
in order to go b series ( b18, b16) you will need new tranny shift linkage mounts and axles.
And depending on the engine might have to know how to weld
thank you very much

Joshreid

5+ Year Member
a small poor mans mod, a cold air intake. Woke up my engine nicely I can feel it pulls a little harder and sounds a lot better.

also just some more pictures of the car im done all the body work no more rust.

aznsk8rboii

A Fiend
5+ Year Member
by the way...that cx tag on your back isn't stock...
4th gens never had a cx...

either a std or dx.

95 civic hatch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm gonna say that's an std. What is that sticking out from behind your plate on the front?