Help with my 95 civic si (Can)

Lerinus

So I've just recently bought my way into the Honda cult and I've got some plans for my civic, but considering I know very little about them. I could use assistance to save a lot of money in the long run.

Here's what I know of the car:
95 civic si coupe
D16Z6 vtec engine NA

I have a civic cx donor car, mostly for exterior parts.

Here's what I need the car to do:
Still have decent fuel economy
Have enough power to pass the old folks on the highway. (They like to go 70Kms)
Have me place in the king of the hill at our local race track. (Competion is fairly lo-par. Newer jetta tdi being the current champ)

I have a child, so illegal or unsafe modifications are out of the question for me.

More pictures to come.

Thank you in advance

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
All I can say is that out of the list you have placed there it will have no problem with any except the Jetta! The cars got Vtec, so I would say to upgrade your whole exhaust system ( header, catback , cat converter removed or gutted), A good air intake ( Short ram, Cold air, and from a good brand such as AEM, I made mine but just don't half a*s it!), If you clutch is getting towards the end of it's life mabey a new one , (1 or 1.5 stage exedy mabey), High performance plugs/ wires, new cap/ rotor for the distributor, just on a D series motor you don't have a hole lot of options because they don't respond to bolt-ons too great ( meaning that not alot of HP is added by them)... You could look for a motor swap such as a B18, or B16A2.... But then your getting into alot more money! Check out Other members build threads to see what they are doing motor wise. If you plan on a turbo setup you will need to forge your motor ( you don't HAVE to, but other wise if you push it, it will blow) I.E Pistons , Rods ( Eagle rods makes both pistons ,and rods and are really good!), Some good sleves in the motor ( Darton sleves are decent) Really It's all about how much money you have, and how sklilled you are at working on cars... Hope this helps!