help with system

LouisVEi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
*need help*

i have:
JVC mp3 head unit
4 x 6 1/2s 50w rms 220wmax sony coaxial speakers (2 front 2 rear)
12" cadence 4ohms 300rms 600max
audioline 5 channel amp 4x300, 1x400 ( dont know its stability @ 2 ohms ...it doesn't say )

thats about everything i know...
can someone plz tell me how i can set this up..power handling etc..or whether i need another amp for sub?
thnk you

georgelb

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That sounds like max burst power from that amp...but anyways...

Just hook them all up positive to positive and negative to negative. Front left to front left on amp, front right to front right on amp, etc... And with the sub, it will not matter if your amp can handle a 2 ohm load since you have a 4 ohm sub. Just hook the sub up to the sub channel positive to positive and negative to negative.

You will also probably have to set the crossovers, and the gains.

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you also might consider getting a capacitor for all that otherwise your lights WILL be dimming and not to mention all work that your altinator is going to pull.

quicksilver1689

tuning owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Set the gains lower on the smaller speakers do u dont blow them., the sub should take that power fine. Yeah i got a 1000w amp the lights only dim a little. Im planning on a high output alternator and optima batter and a cap.

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and don't skimp on the wiring kit for amps. get a good 4 gauge wiring kits with gold plated connectors (gold is the best conductor of electricity) it doesn't have to be name brand just make sure the connectors are gold plated

LouisVEi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thnx alot guys
but what are capacitors and alternators and what do they look like?
sorry ive been reading heaps these last 2 days ..stil learning

LouisVEi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
...so those are power capacitors (i thought they were nitrous at first) LOL
they aren't cheap ...is that top of the range? 99 pounds is i think 250 bucks aussie ...how much is a good power cap?

man i can buy another 2 more subs with that kinda money :( ...any other alternative?

CRX_dude

copyright 2006 omgwtflol
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think thats top of the line caps, but like at your local electronics store you can find a good one for like 150 dollas.

EBPimpSi

CCCC member #76
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
forget about gettin a cap...invest your money on a good quality high ouput alternator for your car...they will give the juice that your system and all your car accessories deserves...then save somemore money for a nice optima battery made for sport compacts such as hondas..