Help with tire size

cpain

5+ Year Member
So I just got 16x7 rims that have 205/55 tires on them. They have wheel rub on the inside(see pic) when I turn all the way to either side. I notice a lot of you have 205/45 on 16s and so I was wondering is that problem just because they are 55 or is it something all 205s do? Is there a way to fix it? or should I put 195 on the rims if thats even possible.... Thanks amigos

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Whats the offset? It might be too high if they're rubbing on the inside. 55 is a little too high profile tire for a 16 inch rim too. Take the wheels off and check what the offset is, it should be on the inside of the wheel, something like +38/40 is perfect for civics.

cpain

5+ Year Member
looks like its 42... it was the number by the rim size so I'm just guesing. It says 7x16 ET 42

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
55 sidewall is too tall

immajackuup

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mine is 15/195/55 and i rub inside if i do a fully turn,as of why because u are drop my nigga.

also u suppose to get 50 not 55 sidewall.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the right offset also depends on the wheel width. my 16x6.5" wheels have a +45mm offset and i don't rub at all with 205/45/16. i think its just your tires, 205/55 is a big tire