help with transmission problem

Josh00ex

5+ Year Member
Hello, i have a 2000 civic ex 5 speed coupe with about 93,000 miles. I recently changed the transmission fluid about 2 weeks ago with Honda genuine manual transmission fluid. A week after i changed the fluid the transmission started to shudder when going into 2nd and 3rd gear. It only does it when it warms up and it doesn't happen every day. I went back and checked that i have added enough transmission fluid in the car. What could this be? How do i fix it? Any and all help is appreciated, thanks.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No idea, but bump for you and someone else can hopefully help ya out.

The only thing I can think of is check for leaks?

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
By shuddering... is it grinding into those gears? Can you get it into gear? How much fluid did you put in?

Josh00ex

5+ Year Member
the car feels like the front wheels are spinning when i let out the clutch. The car goes into the gears fine after it shudders. I put enough fluid, I stuck my finger in the fill hole and could feel fluid at the level of the hole. The car has not done the shuddering in a while, could it just have been because of the cold or a freak occurrence?

knotapunk

5+ Year Member
Check your timing belt. my 2000 SiR did the same thing and turned out to be water pump / timing belt.