Help With Weak LX Civic

Asthetix

5+ Year Member
I got a 2000 Honda Civic LX 4dr, its slow, i was wondering if anyone had some ideas to help spice up/save my car. I added an air intake, which who knows if that gave me anymore horse power, probably like 2.. Then i got a hp racing exhaust which the product plus installation ran me about $130. Any moderate to kinda cheap ways to fix up my ride? :(

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nos would be the cheapest power booster. other options would be forced induction or engine swap.

Scorchsta

huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Look around the forced induction section, you can turbo for probly less than $1500. :welcome:

Asthetix

5+ Year Member
But if i go that route, (nos) isnt that illegal tho? -_-

Asthetix

5+ Year Member
Turbo? D16

Scorchsta said:
Look around the forced induction section, you can turbo for probly less than $1500. :welcome:
Ive been searching for turbos for my car, cant seem to find one under 3,500.. and $600 ones from ebay look like they are not real, and car junkies laugh at me and say, ebay turbo?! so eh.. dunno wat to do.

kmiller

5+ Year Member
get everything tuned up......you'll have a noticeable difference.....if your looking for more i recomind a swap

Scorchsta

huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Asthetix said:
Ive been searching for turbos for my car, cant seem to find one under 3,500.. and $600 ones from ebay look like they are not real, and car junkies laugh at me and say, ebay turbo?! so eh.. dunno wat to do.
Well if you look in the forced induction section they tell you how to find a used turbo in a junk yard for cheap. Sounds sketchy but you can usually find one if good condition.

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nitrous on the street = illegal....put a hazmat sticker on your car if your gung ho about it..haha
boost it..

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Clean it up and put a good suspension on it. Save your money for a swap, any swap. That engine is and will always be weak.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
since when has doing any illegal to your car, stopped anyone before..?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
without doing MAJOR modifications, your not going to be hanging with with anything faster than a jeep wrangler. dont waste your money on bolt on crap cuz your engine just isnt going to go the distance with it. save up for boost or motor swap, or NO2 (not necessarily N.O.S.) is cheap and effective for short periods of time anyways

Scorchsta

huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha it's easy to hide a bottle of NOS just look at Fast and the Furios 1. Remember everything in the movies is exactly the same in real life.

Asthetix

5+ Year Member
Scorchsta said:
Well if you look in the forced induction section they tell you how to find a used turbo in a junk yard for cheap. Sounds sketchy but you can usually find one if good condition.
Alright, so i took a look in the Forced Induction section, and i couldnt really find anything on junkyard turbos, idk im thinking abt selling this non v-tec pos, but i cannot afford to, bleh. i wanted to get a 2002 Civic Si, i've loved that car since there was previews months before it came out. saw one on ebay like 10 miles away from me for around 6-10k. 44k miles, thought maybe something was wrong with it.

As for a suspension, is stiff good? cuz i rode in a stiff suspension car and it hurts..

Asthetix

5+ Year Member
Scorchsta said:
haha it's easy to hide a bottle of NOS just look at Fast and the Furios 1. Remember everything in the movies is exactly the same in real life.
so if ppl shoot up my car, it will explode?! -_-

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha nah doubt it....you don't need 2 ..20lb bottles do you...be careful if you do..you might blow the welds on the intake and then you will have to rip apart the block and replace the piston rings you fried...

Asthetix

5+ Year Member
civic98turbo said:
haha nah doubt it....you don't need 2 ..20lb bottles do you...be careful if you do..you might blow the welds on the intake and then you will have to rip apart the block and replace the piston rings you fried...

see, that is why i am afraid to do any type of stuff to my engine, dont break anything.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Asthetix said:
see, that is why i am afraid to do any type of stuff to my engine, dont break anything.
lol... That's a quote from Fast and the Furious.

Just research before you do anything.

Asthetix

5+ Year Member
I read the NOS section and it mentioned that a dry system would be good for stock engines, so my d16y7 would be safe? And will i be able to beat my friends Stock Scion TC Manual, he thinks he can beat anyone..

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oc_civic has been running NO2 for over a year now (i think) and he's had no problems whatsoever.