Help With Weak LX Civic

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea oc said he has sprayed like 1000 lbs of nitrous through it and its fine....its all about the tune...

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Asthetix said:
I read the NOS section and it mentioned that a dry system would be good for stock engines, so my d16y7 would be safe? And will i be able to beat my friends Stock Scion TC Manual, he thinks he can beat anyone..
i think you could put up a good fight against a TC with a 50-shot and some good driving, i didnt check do you have a manual?

Asthetix

5+ Year Member
Damn dude, i wish i had a manual, its auto.. freakin pos.. can i at least change it to manual somehow, maybe then i would have fun driving it! :haha:

Asthetix

5+ Year Member
Oh and something i forgot to mention is that in Drive 4 i cant go past 100mph... ! But i read in the manual for faster acceleration to switch to drive 3, which i have hit 117mph.. i hate the slowness of my car.. ..sigh..

7thGenSilver

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man honestly I would not run any more than a 75 shot on that stock motor. Your best bet to get the results i think you want is a turbo. I know how slow those stock civics are especially the 4 doors. its almost impossible to pass someone on the highway lol. A turbo will give you a little more getup and go. Now is it worth it? that would be for you to decide. You are looking to spend some big money in a 2000 4 door civic with no telling how many miles. If you go with a turbo get it tuned right and make sure its a good install and you shouldn't have any problems other than just normal wear and tear.

good luck

7thGenSilver

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its not worth switching to manual lol that will be expensive and its something that won't make it really any faster.

Asthetix

5+ Year Member
7thGenSilver said:
man honestly I would not run any more than a 75 shot on that stock motor. Your best bet to get the results i think you want is a turbo. I know how slow those stock civics are especially the 4 doors. its almost impossible to pass someone on the highway lol. A turbo will give you a little more getup and go. Now is it worth it? that would be for you to decide. You are looking to spend some big money in a 2000 4 door civic with no telling how many miles. If you go with a turbo get it tuned right and make sure its a good install and you shouldn't have any problems other than just normal wear and tear.

good luck

95k miles, the car, is in execellent condition btw. but idk, if i go with a turbo, i was told my tranny couldnt handle it, i would need to replace a lot of parts, etc. i was thinkin bout saving up around 1.5k for a b16 swap or something.

Asthetix

5+ Year Member
7thGenSilver said:
its not worth switching to manual lol that will be expensive and its something that won't make it really any faster.
Damn... Harsh, but true. ..sigh..:cry:

7thGenSilver

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah man your best bet is to swap motors. maybe a b18 or a k20(rsx). yeah the tranny would probably pose a problem although with a typical bolt up you probably wouldn't gain much hp. you could probably find a kit that would put you in the 150 range which you will feel a difference for sure. But go with the swap or save your money and buy another car and just use the honda for gas milage=)

Asthetix

5+ Year Member
Cant afford a new ride, i was thinkin bout trading my civic for a 2002 Civic Si hatch, i LoVe! that car!

7thGenSilver

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah thats the problem we run into lol. hrmm those are sweet they have the k20 motor in them.

Asthetix

5+ Year Member
7thGenSilver said:
yeah thats the problem we run into lol. hrmm those are sweet they have the k20 motor in them.
Yes, they do, also it has v-tec, unlike my pos civic...

7thGenSilver

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
fyi NOS is a brand=) nitrous is the juice=). and I would recomend an NX kit.

alot of people give people crap for calling it "NOS"

good luck

Asthetix

5+ Year Member
7thGenSilver said:
fyi NOS is a brand=) nitrous is the juice=). and I would recomend an NX kit.

alot of people give people crap for calling it "NOS"

good luck
lol, thanks for the heads up, dont want ppl chewin on my inability to be born with car knowledge.

For now, i can dream i will have me a fast or er.. Short bursts of fastness on my Car! :drive:

Asthetix

5+ Year Member
Ok so i jus found a NX kit online, it is $704.95 for 1.6L, 4 Cylinder, GAS, FI, D16Y7, MFI
LX.

Its got a 10lb bottle, and seems like its got everything it needs.

Heres the info,

2000 Honda Civic
Nitrous System
Brand: Nitrous Express

NITROUS EXPRESS NITROUS SYSTEM, STAGE 1 EFI -- Stage One EFI, Nitrous System, Gains Of 35-150 Horsepower At The Wheels, Kit Includes Shark Nozzle, Nozzle/Fuel Line Adapters, Extra Long Braided Stainless Steel Supply Line, And All Necessary Components And Hardware For A Complete Installation, Comes With An EMPTY 10 Lb. Bottle And Brackets, These Systems Require No Engine Modification, Operate On Stock Fuel Pumps, And Require No Timing Retards, Best Horsepower On Demand Value Available, Amazing Increases In Power And Acceleration, The Most Durable And Reliable Kit Available

Could this be me? --> :drive: But without the shifting, cuz i got an Auto.. Heh

I was also wondering if Edelbrock was a good type of Nitrous to get, its abt $100 cheaper.

And also, do i have to change what type of gas i use, do i gotta use Premium Gasoline [92+ Octane] Or Unleaded Racing Fuel?

Thx

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Asthetix said:
lol, thanks for the heads up, dont want ppl chewin on my inability to be born with car knowledge.

For now, i can dream i will have me a fast or er.. Short bursts of fastness on my Car! :drive:
just remember the next time you talk nitrous use a "2" instead of an "S"... as in NO2 not NOS and you will be above the noobs. oh and there is no hyphen in VTEC

back on topic: that nitro kit would work wonders for you d16, you may even want to upgrade it with 2 bottles or a bigger bottle for less frequent filling. then you can do sorts of things like remote bottle openers, heaters, purge system, etc...

i think you can run 87 with nitro, it actually lowers the combustion temperature in the cylinder (to the best of my knowledge)

Asthetix

5+ Year Member
Mugenkid18 said:
just remember the next time you talk nitrous use a "2" instead of an "S"... as in NO2 not NOS and you will be above the noobs. oh and there is no hyphen in VTEC

back on topic: that nitro kit would work wonders for you d16, you may even want to upgrade it with 2 bottles or a bigger bottle for less frequent filling. then you can do sorts of things like remote bottle openers, heaters, purge system, etc...

LoL, purges remind me of NFSU2, the colored purges, thats pretty interesting, or is that not possible, lol